Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeoGeo999
Core Memory
Views: 581
Message 21 of 29

Re: Lenovo Y740 screen dimming problems

I have the exact same problems as you but I don't think that a replacement unit will change anything.

The issue described in this post is most likely a software issue.
The keyboard lighting issue is also a software issue that hopefully will be patched soon.
The keyboard getting hot is normal for this laptop as the CPU is located under the left side of the keyboard without any type of thermal insulation and the aluminum of the shell is an excellent thermal conductor.

NotDFined
What's DOS?
Views: 513
Message 22 of 29

Hi all,

I am having the same issue. Quite disappointed by the quality of the software that comes with the laptop, makes me want to return it Smiley Sad

Another issue that I am experiencing - impossibility to enable FN-keys by default. Every time when I log out, the setting resets to default F-keys

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 482
Message 23 of 29

Hi all,

I have been informed that on a sample where we observed the behavior before, the symptom isn't occurring anymore. The technician has updated the latest nVidia driver v431.60 and Lenovo Vantage has been auto-updated to its latest version.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

Wurde dein Problem bei uns bereits besprochen? Schau mal nach: Forum Suchoption
Bitte füge den Typ, Modell (nicht die S/N) und das benutzte OS zu deiner Nachricht hinzu. Es beschleunigt die Lösung deines Problems.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Holyloktar
Paper Tape
Views: 433
Message 24 of 29

That's great to hear.  I will try updating both and report back.

Highlighted
kerts93
Token Ring
Views: 424
Message 25 of 29

With latest Lenovo Vantagae and NVidia drivers so far it looks like this issue hasn't occurred anymore indeed.

Kfxsti
Punch Card
Views: 387
Message 26 of 29

So when can we get a response about the lack of fan control and the bios that helped kill that off?

NeoGeo999
Core Memory
Views: 369
Message 27 of 29

I confirm that the last bios correct all the problems connected to the screen however, it introduces problems with thermal management.

zax
Fanfold Paper
Views: 347
Message 28 of 29

i have exact the same problem , clean win 10 pro with updates , and it seems in device manager if u rollback to GenericPnpMonitor it works , if u set it to update drivers to lenovo display goes dimming in login screen. i have installed vantage,lenovo update , same thing. better keep on PNP until they figure it out. brightness is set to 100% , i do not have the option in power management for display auto brightness and those things , i registered them manually and they were OFF on battery n plugged in. those missteps don't work , it's easier for them to send you to wrong locations than actually find the issue.

zax
Fanfold Paper
Views: 316
Message 29 of 29

so , i found out the only solution is to go to nvidia geforce experience and download only from that part the lates drivers, does't work if u download even from nvidia website , dunno why but it works from nvidia experience. no dimming problems.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors