10-25-2019

SI

1 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo ideapad y700 15isk won't boot

2019-10-25, 15:33 PM

Lenovo Ideapad Y700 just stopped working. I put it in sleep mode, when I came back I couldn't turn it back on. I held the power botton on for seweral seconds to turn it off. When I press the power button the keyboard flashes 1 time and stays lit, 

there are 2 LEDs burning for battery and power and the power button is on. Screen is black. I can change the intensity off the keyboard illumination machine is unresponsive. The same happens when I press the Nuovo button. 

I unplugged the battery and cmos battery. No diference. Need your help asap. Thanks

Options

601 Posts

08-01-2018

US

397 Signins

10410 Page Views

• Views: 10410
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo ideapad y700 15isk won't boot

2019-11-12, 12:43 PM

Hi AljosaZ!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

We'd like to know more about on what is happening on your computer. It can be also an issue with the display as the keyboard lights are lit up. Try plugging in an external display thru HDMI and check if it works. 

If the external display works, check the LCD cable connected to the motherboard of your computer. Here's the Hardware Maintenance Manual of the Y700 https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_y700-15_17isk_15acz_touch-15isk_hmm_201510.pdf and video guides here https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505031 to disassemble the computer. *Note : use Y700 15ACZ for the video as they have the same structure with the Y700 15ISK*

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Regards,

Jerry_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

05-02-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Lenovo ideapad y700 15isk won't boot

2020-05-02, 21:50 PM

The y700-15isk does not display anything on the screen.  It doesn't seem to do any POST.  With the case removed on the laptop, when I plug it in, the fans spins for a handful of seconds, the keyboard flashes but nothing shows up on the screen.  I've also connected it (via HDMI) to an external monitor....nothing.  I've replaced memory, I've done the resets with the CMOS battery, I've pressed the reset button, on and on.  It appears like it is in forever sleep mode.  

I also bought a replacement BIOS chip and soldered that on but it continues to do nothing.

As a last step, I purchased a replacement motherboard and installed it.  The behavior is exactly the same as mentioned above.

Anybody have any other ideas????

The only other electronic board is the IO board but wouldn't think that is the issue because it seems to be for the card reader and a usb port.

Any help is appreciated.

Options

1 Posts

07-31-2020

US

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Lenovo ideapad y700 15isk won't boot

2020-07-31, 16:26 PM
Keypad flashes once, fans run for a second or two but nothing after that. Removed the battery, tried all the options I could find in the forum to no avail. Seriously making me consider another brand of computer without Windows 10. When it did boot up since new the screen flashed constantly.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete