Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

18 Posts

11-20-2020

India

14 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo l340 thermal throttling after 10-15min of gaming

2021-07-28, 5:03 AM

why is this laptop soo bad I can't play anything on this overheats soo much why did Lenovo even make this laptop can somebody help plz I hate this laptop soo much I wasted my money on this overheats on medium settings whereas it should run in ultra 60fps. PLZ HELP ME FIX OVERHEATING Lenovo i want my money back

Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

330 Signins

14361 Page Views

• Views: 14361
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Lenovo l340 thermal throttling after 10-15min of gaming

2021-07-28, 10:11 AM

Hi Balwadkarparth,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Below you'll find some troubleshooting steps you can perform in an attempt to remedy the issue:

Step 1. Check temperatures.

- Is your device overheating ? (85-90c+) 

- Download HWMONITOR to check your temperatures. 

- If your device is overheating, then try:

1. Elevate your laptop. 
  2. Clean laptop fan with compressed air.
  3. Use a lap desk. 
  4. Controlling fan speed. 
  5. Avoid using Intense processes. 
  6. Keep your laptop out of the heat.

Step 2. Checking BIOS for Quiet Mode/DPTF/Thermal Solution Settings.
**Might be that this is where you turned on Quiet Mode, but if you turned on quiet mode in Lenovo Vantage, the BIOS might override that setting if it's off.
- Select the Start Menu, then choose Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware settings
:or:
- Press the power button to completely shut down the unit.
- Press the Novo Button - The button can be reached/clicked by an unfolded paperclip or similar.
- Choose the BIOS setup.
- Go to the option BIOS setup.  
- Then navigate to the Configuration tab and check if you have a DPTF/Quiet Mode/Thermal/System Performance setting and switch it to what you prefer.
**NOTE - Not all BIOS versions have these option or the layout varies a bit.

Step 3. Updating the System Board drivers.
Make sure you have the newest BIOS, Chipset and Power Management drivers for your device:  
You can find and install the newest drivers from the Lenovo Support Page
Just plot in the serial number for your device and hit enter, might have to hit it twice. Then head to Drivers & Software then the BIOS, Chipset and Power Management section.
**Note:  Close all running programs, and make sure the AC adapter is connected and that you have at least 30% battery charge when performing the BIOS update.

Try to uninstall Lenovo Power/Energy Management if all fails.

Step 4. Uninstall Lenovo Power/Energy Management and/or Lenovo Vantage
- If you have these program, then quite a few forum users have reported removing it has helped with CPU usage, power consumption and fan noise, due to incompatible drivers with Windows 10. 

If the device keeps overheating then depending on the Warranty of the device, I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) or a certified technician center to see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be sent in to be assessed by an authorized technician.

Hope this helps

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

18 Posts

11-20-2020

India

14 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo l340 thermal throttling after 10-15min of gaming

2021-07-29, 3:23 AM

thank u for these solutions but I've tried them all except the Lenovo power management issue I will try that .

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms