Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-19-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo legion Y520 USB3.0 stopped working out of no where one night.

2021-01-19, 1:36 AM

I had bought my Lenovo Legion Y520 from a friend, and it has worked perfectly so far, but recently one night while I had been using the computer fine all day, using all three USB ports (mic, keyboard, mouse). When I woke up in the morning my mouse that was plugged into the USB 3.0 slot wasn't working. I could still see the redlight underneath the mouse as the mouse was getting power, but no input was being read, and all the RGB was off. I tried plugging in my Microphone, and it quickly read, but then an error popped up as it being unreadable, when it was reading just a few days before. I tried plugging in my keyboard and the light all came on but no input, then the computer told me that I there was an other error reading the USB device, then my keyboard lights shut off. 

I've tried doing everything I can think of:

-resetting the computer

-going to an old bios system, then back to new

-updating any drivers

I only get the attached error message on my keyboard, and not on anything else. I've been dealing with this for a few months, but now I'm very frustrated that it will not work, as I bought a very nice mic in the summer only to not be able to use it for months at a time, and now I'm on my last leg. Please help?!?!

Options

299 Posts

08-27-2016

Greece

1478 Signins

7297 Page Views

• Views: 7297
  • Message 2 of 3

Lenovo legion Y520 USB3.0 stopped working out of no where one night.

2021-01-19, 12:55 PM
I would suggest to blow some air into the usb port as dust may have accumulated. If the problem is still there i would suggest restoring windows as it may be a driver problem, or booting a live cd (linux) and checking the usb port under linux

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

Options

2 Posts

01-19-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo legion Y520 USB3.0 stopped working out of no where one night.

2021-01-27, 0:02 AM

I've tried doing the first two options you suggested, but i dont know how to do the third option, im not as tech savy as I would like to be

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms