Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

08-03-2019

India

4 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo legion y740 issues on discrete graphics mode.

2019-11-20, 12:47 PM

Since i got my laptop everything seems fine for few days as i didn't try anything much with the laptop. After updating to new os build,updating every driver possible, system started showing problems:

The laptop gets freezed after working with discrete graphics mode for few time with hdr settings on(mentioned because i don't know if anything has to do with it). The freezing occurs really randomly sometimes when we try to switch between applications sometimes when the system is shutting down

There is no bsod.
Lenovo premium support tried their extend in solving the issue by checking through remote support, they failed then they ordered motherboard replacement that led to another issue by service agent also it has to do with lenovo service team too as tge new replacement part came with a serial sticker mispasted above the vram of gpu.

now the cooling of laptop is bad still old issue not solved but they gave a new problem too(cooling).

I don't if every unit of y740 has this issue of not as when the mobo is replaced means they laptop is literally another unit.

If so a doa process also won't help(still eligible because the issue was there from the start).

Help me with your inputs people.

Does your 9th gen y640 with rtx2070mq got same issues please report

Options

3 Posts

04-23-2020

United States of America

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo legion y740 issues on discrete graphics mode.

2020-04-26, 10:14 AM

I have a Y740 that also had Mother board issues.There is a thread where a lot of Y740's are mention of making buzzing noises and failing(like mine). People point to GPU issues.Most likely you have something similar.

If you can return the laptop and get a refund or a Think Pad series.Legion build quality looks ok ,but does not feel right.I took extreme care of my laptop and things still go bad.Today i also noticed a horizontal line at the top of my LCD.My God this is getting annoying.This laptop will be in service more than in my home I believe.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms