cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ABXM
What's DOS?
Views: 91
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo y520-15IKBM 80YY005MRI does not boot with Asus Gladius mouse connected with bios 5XCN22WW

Hi,

2 days ago I updated BIOS to 5XCN22WW on my Lenovo Legion.

Then problems appeared:

1. Windows 10 pro did not want to boot anymore(INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE), bitlocker ON

2. After fixing 1, the laptop does not boot if my Asus Gladius mouse is connected to any USB port. To be noted that I also have a mechanical keyboard attached, and mini display port connected and they don't create any issue. The laptop hangs on the Lenovo LOGO. If I detach the  mouse, restart, enter BIOS and then connect the mouse while in BIOS, the laptop hangs with the BIOS image left on it!

3. If I enable secure boot in BIOS and leave the mouse connected, then I get a blue screen with info that Windows 10 wasn't able to boot correctly, press the restart button and then the laptop boots.

Questions:

1. Might this be related to this new BIOS? Because it just created a lot of problems to me after update. If you ask if I'm sure that I installed the correct BIOS then yes, it's correct, because the machine was detected by Lenovo service bridge, and also I checked the sticker on the back.

2. I don't see any downgrade options on the support site. Only the latest BIOS. How to get previous BIOS versions?

3. Shall I contact ASUS? I don't know what they will do though, because it seems that this is an issue with the latest BIOS, as with the previous version I had no such issues!

Thanks!

AndriusK
Punch Card
Views: 35
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo y520-15IKBM 80YY005MRI does not boot with Asus Gladius mouse connected with bios 5XCN22WW

1: First Extract the BIOS you want to flash (WinRar is what i used)

2: In the extracted directory their is a file called "platform.ini"

3: Edit platform.ini and change the line "CheckByBios=0" to "CheckByBios=1" save the file

4: Run the BIOS flash utility from the extracted folder 

follow those instructions and it will alow you to downgrade

Top Kudoed Authors