cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ABXM
What's DOS?
Views: 129
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo y520-15IKBM 80YY005MRI does not boot with Asus Gladius mouse connected with bios 5XCN22WW

Hi,

2 days ago I updated BIOS to 5XCN22WW on my Lenovo Legion.

Then problems appeared:

1. Windows 10 pro did not want to boot anymore(INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE), bitlocker ON

2. After fixing 1, the laptop does not boot if my Asus Gladius mouse is connected to any USB port. To be noted that I also have a mechanical keyboard attached, and mini display port connected and they don't create any issue. The laptop hangs on the Lenovo LOGO. If I detach the  mouse, restart, enter BIOS and then connect the mouse while in BIOS, the laptop hangs with the BIOS image left on it!

3. If I enable secure boot in BIOS and leave the mouse connected, then I get a blue screen with info that Windows 10 wasn't able to boot correctly, press the restart button and then the laptop boots.

Questions:

1. Might this be related to this new BIOS? Because it just created a lot of problems to me after update. If you ask if I'm sure that I installed the correct BIOS then yes, it's correct, because the machine was detected by Lenovo service bridge, and also I checked the sticker on the back.

2. I don't see any downgrade options on the support site. Only the latest BIOS. How to get previous BIOS versions?

3. Shall I contact ASUS? I don't know what they will do though, because it seems that this is an issue with the latest BIOS, as with the previous version I had no such issues!

Thanks!

AndriusK
Punch Card
Views: 73
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo y520-15IKBM 80YY005MRI does not boot with Asus Gladius mouse connected with bios 5XCN22WW

1: First Extract the BIOS you want to flash (WinRar is what i used)

2: In the extracted directory their is a file called "platform.ini"

3: Edit platform.ini and change the line "CheckByBios=0" to "CheckByBios=1" save the file

4: Run the BIOS flash utility from the extracted folder 

follow those instructions and it will alow you to downgrade

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors