Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ernis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,734
Message 1 of 10

Lenovo y530 with broke bios update

Lenovo y530. Broke new bios update... Lenovo vantage recomend me to install new bios. I start to update, plug in battery and started update. Windows restarts, starts the update and now i have message on a black screen with withe letters. No erros showing, nofing. Its like almost 30 minutes. Laptop is freezed. Any help? First wifi problems, that makes me mad. Now the bios update problem. Any help?

Guru
Views: 9,700
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenovo y530 with broke bios update

I too tried to update BIOS to the new firmware 8jcn44ww from within Lenovo System Update. The update got 'stuck' at 91% for 15 min, then I got a message from Kaspersky unti-virus 2019 that the firmware file is suspicious and Kaspersy deleted the file. Luckily my BIOS stayed at version 43.

Ernis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,690
Message 3 of 10

So, what i did. When bios was stuck with black screen and few white letters about bios. No erros or somethink. Just stuck. I just after 30 minutes of waiting reboot pc by holding on/off key for a ~5 seconds until laptop doesn't shut down. After that, i start my pc. It was booting like 3 times after that. Start to boot and then after a second laptop reboot again for -+3times. After it started and get back on 44bios. Now all works fine. I will wait 45+ version of bios. I'm glad my pc didn't broke after restart in bios update. 

jo5866
What's DOS?
Views: 9,318
Message 4 of 10

Hello,

Is there a way to retrieve the previous 43 BIOS version and roll back the upgrade? I made the mistake of updating to the 44 version and now my laptop is stuck at the Windows Automatic Repair screen.

I've tried holding the on/off key but the same blue screen with Automatic Repair shows up.

Ernis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,309
Message 5 of 10

First of all check bios setting if all is ok. After you can take a risk to flash bios from usb drive. But i strongly recoomend to go to the service center. Warrianty will do it's magic. So, dont worry. 

Bosco_Kam
Paper Tape
Views: 8,009
Message 6 of 10

i have this problem too, by now how do you solve the problem?
Guru
Views: 7,995
Message 7 of 10

Try booting into Bios and then restore previous Bios.

marco1526
What's DOS?
Views: 6,781
Message 8 of 10

bejdz do biosu i ustaw odpowiedni system dla dysku jaki był ustawiny przy wgrwania jak masz ide to zmień na ahcp czy jakoś tak i będzie działać 

English translation.......

go to the bios and insert the appropriate system for the disk which was set when you are playing, how do you have it, change it to ahcp or something like that and it will work

Mod's Edit: Google translated for benefit of English readers.
Since this is an English forum, please post in English as it will ensure a better response. Thanks!

Mod's Edit: Google przetłumaczone na język angielski dla czytelników.
Ponieważ jest to forum w języku angielskim, proszę pisać w języku angielskim, ponieważ zapewni to lepszą odpowiedź. Dzięki!

AnthonyTsv
Paper Tape
Views: 2,447
Message 9 of 10

Hi guys,

I am posting my issue here, because i was unable to create a new forum thread in the dashboard.

Recently purchased the following Lenovo laptop :

System SKU    LENOVO_MT_81LB_BU_idea_FM_Legion Y530-15ICH-1060
BIOS Version/Date    LENOVO 9VCN12WW, 8/6/2018

It's a great machine overall - you can see however that the BIOS is an older version from the latest i found here :

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/bg/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-y530-15ich/dow...

When i try to update i receive the below error :

Screenshot_1.png

Could you please provide me with the correct BIOS update for my machine ?

Thank you !
Anthony

Dan_Petrescu
Token Ring
Views: 2,429
Message 10 of 10

@AnthonyTsv wrote:

Hi guys,

I am posting my issue here, because i was unable to create a new forum thread in the dashboard.

Recently purchased the following Lenovo laptop :

System SKU    LENOVO_MT_81LB_BU_idea_FM_Legion Y530-15ICH-1060
BIOS Version/Date    LENOVO 9VCN12WW, 8/6/2018

It's a great machine overall - you can see however that the BIOS is an older version from the latest i found here :

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/bg/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-y530-15ich/dow...

When i try to update i receive the below error :

Screenshot_1.png

Could you please provide me with the correct BIOS update for my machine ?

Thank you !
Anthony

That's the BIOS for 1050 Ti model, try this one for 1060 instead: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ro/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/LEGION-SERIES/LEGION-Y530-15ICH-106...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors