Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Talpino
Paper Tape
Views: 1,193
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo y700 15isk FreeDos

Hello! Just bought this morning the Lenovo y700 15isk with FreeDos and...here come the problems.

The only copy of Windows that i have right now is a Windows 7 copy(Dvd). I've been trying since this morning to install It using the Lenovo USB Portable DVD Burner GP70N, but it always ended up with this message:

""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, Cd, DVD, Or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." 

I used the legacy setting, the UEIS doesn't seem to recognise the ODD.

I've tried to switch from the USB 3.0 to the USB 2.0, but the result was the same. 

P.s. 1.My desktop is broken so i can't get a copy on a USB flash drive. 

2.I don't SEE Any "Secure Boot" option in the BIOS. 

3. The laptop is brand new so i'm not able to Download drivers on it since it only has free dos.

Please, help me! Thanks a lot! 

Guru
Views: 1,144
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo y700 15isk FreeDos

This happens because windows 7 have problems with usb 3 drivers. You have 2 choices

A) Download the usb 3 creator utility. First you make a windows 7 installation usb and then run the following utility to apply the drivers needed

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

B)Download and unzip the following drivers to a usb stick, when the setup asks for them, point to the folder with the unzipped drivers

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/21129/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control...

P.S If you happen to have a windows 8 or 10 installation disc/usb then these drivers are not needed

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

Talpino
Paper Tape
Views: 1,139
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo y700 15isk FreeDos

Well, will try installing Windows 10 today, thanks for explaining what really happens! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors