Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Galesx95
Paper Tape
Views: 437
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo y700 17isk backlight bleeding possible fixes

Hello community! I just wanted to share with you this problem I'm having and everyone is familiar with it, the issue here is that it's actually NOT the panel that it's faulty but the mount itself!

Please check out this video that I made that shows when the panel is unmounted, then I proceed to slide the panel up (mounted) and let it slide back down with gravity.

I used some video effect to darken the scene so it's better noticeable. (though please notice filming backlight bleeding it's hard).

Clearly the mount does not perfectly agree with the panel shape, so it is bent a little thus introducing backlight bleeding, and when I bend the mount (with panel mounted) slightly on the upper right and left sides to my direction like this "(", the bleeding is almost completely gone, so it seems that the mount is not straight but bend slight backwards like this ")" so I have to make it straight with my hands.

What I have done to try and fix this is to put two folded pieces of paper on those sides as to try to straigthen the panel but that only slightly fixes the problem and I'm not too comfortable having those there either. (and I have already broken one of the teeny tiny hinges of the bottom plastic cover and also had to skip the middle screw for the panel because, with the papers, it introduced another bleeding on the bottom, so it's only screwed on the sides but not too tight either, just to hold it in place)

What other possible solution do you guys see to this? (I can't return because I bought it from Amazon and basically I live on another country and the warranty is US only and I'm gonnanot spend 100+ dollars to ship it back, at least not yet, I hope my warranty wasn't void by these procedures and the broken hinge haha)

Thanks a lot!

Galesx95
Paper Tape
Views: 436
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo y700 17isk backlight bleeding possible fixes

It's really hard to see it in the video by the way (but it is better if you watch it on fullscreen and 1080p), just trust me that when the panel is not mounted, there is barely any bleeding, just IPS glow.

If you want me to upload the raw video I can do that aswell.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors