Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
obirch
Punch Card
Views: 1,074
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo y700 keyboard not waking laptop from sleep

Hello everyone,

So I have just gotten a Lenovo Y700, installed OS on SSD etc... now I don´t have the Power Management tabs for the keyboard or mouse... so whenever I close my lid the laptop goes to sleep.. standard... BUT when I open it... it won´t let me wake it using keyboard or mouse.. I have tried everything and it is really starting to annoy me..

1. powercfg -devicedisablewake "HID-compliant mouse" tried doing this and all but it then gives me 
  2. You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake.

What can i do? Is anyone having similar problems.. please help...

thank you 

RapidMotion
Fanfold Paper
Views: 968
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo y700 keyboard not waking laptop from sleep

I had similar issues with sleep mode and waking up.  Eventually my Y700 stopped working completely and wouldn't wake up from sleep (black screen of death, no Lenovo logo, no startup).  Had to send it back and they're saying it could be the motherboard.  Will have to wait some weeks before I see it again.  Come on Lenovo...

obirch
Punch Card
Views: 960
Message 3 of 5

Oh really I am sorry to hear..
Mine has somehow managed to work again from sleep.. Haven't got the black screen of death but who knows.. LENOVO need to start checking their equipment better as well as more updates for the Y700
Former Employee
Views: 766
Message 4 of 5

In response to customer reports that Y700-15ISK, Y700-15ISK Touch, and Y700-17ISK laptops do not wake from sleep mode, may unexpectedly reboot, or may show a Yellow Bang, Lenovo has provided a Service TIP.

The Service TIP is available here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/SF16-I0012

Thank you,

Highlighted
leesmith404
What's DOS?
Views: 494
Message 5 of 5

Re: Lenovo keyboard not waking laptop from sleep

I have a new 2  in 1.  After putting it to sleep, it will not wake up.  There are no lights on or flashing after plugging in power brick.

Some members advised waiting until the batter was fully discharged.  It has been four weeks, but can not turn computer on.

I can not download anything to change the BIOS or make any other change.  Advice?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors