cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 582
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo y700 keyboard stops working , every thing starts to lag need help!

hi i am student currently lives in germany , i bought this laptop before 4 months aprox. every thing was fine tell last week. keyboard stop's working ( it can happen any time) , laptop after that starts lagging tell it shows me blue windows with this things:noraml start, BIOS setup, boot menu, system recovery and because i cant use my keyboard i must turn off and on the laptop manuallyto fix it. please help!!!!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 533
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo y700 keyboard stops working , every thing starts to lag need help!

It looks like your system is crashing and rebooting to the menu that provides setup/recovery options.    Normally you would have to shut down the laptop, and then push the Novo button (a small recessed button that can be pressed using a paper clip) on the side of your laptop forward of the audio jack to access that menu, so I am not sure how you are getting to that menu automatically.

It sounds to me like Windows is crashing, so more information on what version of Windows and what applications you are using at the time the problems occur might be helpful

Some general troubleshooting things to to do when experiencing crashes would be:

Check the Windows Event Logs for errors

• Right Click on the Start Menu and select Event Viewer
  • Click on Windows Logs in the left pane
  • Open and examine both the Application and System Logs
  • You can filter the results to only show serious errors by by selecting Filter Current Log from the right "Actions"pane, and checking the Critical and Error boxes..

Run a thorough manual scan using a good antivirus program

• Even if you already have an AV scanner installed, it would not hurt to download and run something like Malwarebytes free manual scanner to get a second opinion.

Update the drivers for your system

• Go to http://support.lenovo.com/ , let it detect yor system and then look for any recent driver updates, but hold off on any BIOS updates for now, as sometimes Lenovo BIOS updates can go badly.

Run a disk check 

• Right Click on Start and select Command Prompt (admin)
  • Type: chkdsk c: /f   and press Enter.
  • When prompted, type Y to schedule disk check on next boot
  • Reboot

Run a System File Check scan  (this will check for corrupt Windows System Files.

• Right Click on Start and select Command Prompt (admin)
  • Type: sfc /scannow and press Enter
  • Let the disk check run (it could take 30 minutes or more)
  • At the end of the SFC scan, it will report that it either found no errors, found errors but fixed them all, or found errors but was not able to fix all of them.
  • If  it was unable to fix all of them, then you would need to run the DISM utility to update the local Windows Component Store  and then re-run the SFC Scan again to repair the files.

Run DISM

• Make sure you are connected to the Internet, and close all programs
  • Right Click on the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin)
  • Type:  Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth  and press Enter 

Note:   After running the DISM utility successfully, you must run the System File Checker again to fix any corrupted system files left unrepaired earlier using the new files retrieved using DISM.

Good Luck,

MadM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 487
Message 3 of 4

Y700-15ISK Laptop (ideapad) - Type 80NV

Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Windows Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

and it happens mostly when i use chrome

PS: i have tried all the things mentioned above , nothing wrong has been found or detected any other suggestions?

MadM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 374
Message 4 of 4

????? Need help please , someone tell me how i could fix this ******* problem ????!!!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors