07-15-2017

SA

7 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo y700 m.2 ssd drive crash and not working anymore

2017-07-15, 14:30 PM

good day every one.. i need help. my laptop just stop booting, it always go to recovery but it be cant recover, i tried the one key button but still can't recover.

i check the bios sometime it shows the m.2 ssd sometime no. i tried to boot on it but still no progress it just loopback on recovery page where nothing happens.. after i format my laptop i still see the ssd on my bios but not showing on disk management.. is this a faulty one? can i still have warranty for this? btw i run system health on lenovo companion and it passed the result and shows no error. but cant do it on m.2 ssd because it wont show on windows and only in bios.

Solved! See the solution
Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

GB

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo y700 m.2 ssd drive crash and not working anymore

2017-07-17, 11:53 AM

Hello Lordehly

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

If you are unable to recover the unit properly, I would recommend that you get in touch with the local Lenovo support team, and request a recovery media for your unit. This should help you with the recovery.

Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers

If that does not work, then something, some issue in the hardware is afoot, by the sounds of it, something with the SSD/HDD connections. 

So if you are unable to recover with the recovery media, then get back in touch with the support service for a possible service on your unit.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

3815 Posts

12-24-2015

IN

2177 Signins

71411 Page Views

• Views: 71411
  • Message 3 of 6

2017-07-17, 12:22 PM

Hi, Lordehly               -

Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

Yes, if laptop is in warranty, the SSD will be replaced under warranty.

However, I would recommend contacting Lenovo service centres for better assistance.

Schedule a Call-back for faster support

English 24 hours a day 7 days/week 

During business hours, you may also engage with live chat support.

Update us how it goes.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

5 Posts

07-15-2017

SA

7 Signins

64 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2017-07-17, 12:43 PM

thank you for the reply however im in saudi arabia now and my place is in a province not in the main city, its not available in the city of choices, im in albaha asir region , the nearest is jeddah but it would take me 5hrs travel by land. is there any homeservice or if you can give me their phone number i would gradly apprciate it. because i cant find the number im just borrowing my friends laptop  for a while cause i cant use my laptop as of now

Options

5 Posts

07-15-2017

SA

7 Signins

64 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2017-07-17, 16:08 PM
thanks but "Chat support is not valid for your selected country and product" even callback and service centres doesnt show my place because this is a province area and very from the city listed
Options

5 Posts

07-15-2017

SA

7 Signins

64 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2017-07-17, 16:16 PM

oh yes sir but i already try to run system health on lenovo companion while the m2ssd is connected and it passed without errors. , it shows on bios but not on disk management on windows even device manager it just show on bios and sometime it doesnt appear at all in bios, even if i try to f12 and choose it, nothing happens even on troubleshoot after bios i tried cmd but cant find that drive only the mechanical hdd shows there

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete