Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shogu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,360
Message 1 of 13

Lenovo y700 - problem with shutting down

Hello,

I have an issue with my laptop, not as bad as some users here but still.
So when Im shutting system down, It seems to not stop completly. I think Windows shut down is executed, keyboard is also turned off but fans near screen seems to work still or even get some boost! Also shut down key is still backlited (lone survivor i guess? ...). So at this point I just hold the button to turn it down completly.
First thing I want to ask: if Windows is still running can i mess up sth (with system or even worse with the drive?)

Its worth mentioning that I just bought ssd drive and installed it. So when I reinstalled Windows on that drive yesterday I got ride of the issue. Well, until now.
On hdd drive It has not appeared for some time... Niw that I think about it... Until I installed all drivers! Yesterday I did it right of the bat, laptop was working fine. But today Im back where i was.

Ah, also laptop freeze sometimes. It happened once after entering the password, that little circle stopped. It did happen like twice when shutting down. Like before that circling bufor stopped. I have no clue if it is related to first issue though.

So I dont know if someone from lenovo will read this but I hope so. As I mentioned it might be drivers issue. Or maybe utility program messed sth up?

So if anyone has any tips I will be greatful.
Also Im not native English speaker. The way I write might be annoing, not mentioning grammar etc.
So Im asking for indulgence Smiley Happy
wmj259
Token Ring
Views: 1,332
Message 2 of 13

Re: Lenovo y700 - problem with shutting down

Do you have the Windows CD? If you do you can do a System repair with it.

Y50-70 i7-4720HQ - 16GB Ram - 1TB HDD Win 8.1 - 4GB-860 GTX
Shogu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,327
Message 3 of 13

System repair, huh? I will try this out.
Thanks!
wmj259
Token Ring
Views: 1,320
Message 4 of 13

There many options it will give you, but dont do a clean install unless you want to. There might be an option to check for errors or repair.

Shogu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,313
Message 5 of 13

Ok, I just tried to turn on laptop and right after lenovo sign screen went black (like with power off not black color). I tried 2 times. At third try I booted bios and pluged pendrive with Windows. It wasnt smart because i pluged it after entering bios menu and it wasnt listem in booting priority so I decided to quit. And I window pop up that system hadnt boot(ed?) up correctly and Asiek if I want to repair or just restart. So I decided to restart first and than boot up Windows from pendrive and then repair. But I was curios and let Windows boot. And... It went ok! Then I decided to try shut it down... It worked too! Tbh i dumb founded nów...

What you think, should I try repair option still? For nów I will let it be until smb respond.
If anything changes I will update thread here.
Shogu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,310
Message 6 of 13

I unpluged pendrive, i could turn on laptop but Couldnt turn it off. Second try - same result. Then I pluged pendrive while win was running and it turned off(!) But then screen turned off right after lenovo sign. So again hard reset then bios. Pendrive boot first. Same window as before, but now I went with advanced repair settings. I hesistated and didnt want to reset all settings or back up system suddenly so I just decided to chose to boot my windows. And again it worked...

So which option should I chose next time? To reset settings?
wmj259
Token Ring
Views: 1,307
Message 7 of 13

So if I'm understanding properly, you have a rescue disk on your "pendrive/flashdrive/usb"? 

Shogu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,294
Message 8 of 13

Well, we can treat it like CD with burned windows. It works the same way
wmj259
Token Ring
Views: 1,289
Message 9 of 13

Okay so if it is being able to boot from the USB correctly (wihout issue right?) then we can assume that the harddrive is corrrupt, can you reinstall the windows then.

Shogu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,170
Message 10 of 13

I didnt reinstall the Windows. Until today I was starting system w/ plugged pendrive. So system was booting up correctly but shutting down problem repeats itself. Well, maybe it will be solved by some update? Im only afraid that shutting system down by holding button may have an impact on my ssd :/
Also today I noticed system boot up 2-3 s w/o power supply plugged but when battery is charging it takes around 11 s. Is it normal?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors