Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EfeY7000
Paper Tape
Views: 162
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo y7000p-1060 hitting 95 degrees during Titanfall2, averages in 80

The laptop is new and I haven't had a chance to test many games.  I had read that the temps on this laptop were good. This is the model with the nvidia 1060.

According to hwinfo64, the cores max out at 95degrees and the average is in the low 80s while playing Titanfall2.

That seems a bit high to me, right?  Hwinfo says YES to throttling, but I would expect that if the temps reach mid 90s.

What do you think?  Is there an app that will allow me set custom fan curves?  Speedfan and MSI afterburner do not seem to recognize/control the fans in this laptop. I read somewhere that vantage program should control fans, but I don't see that option in mine.

Naic_Guy_Bawb
Punch Card
Views: 111
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo y7000p-1060 hitting 95 degrees during Titanfall2, averages in 80

i have this laptop too mine works fine can u stress test in XTU Software then post picture and do u have the all drivers (Mainly Chipset drivers) installed given in official website and did u update to latest bios ? Here's the link

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-y7000p-1060/do...

EfeY7000
Paper Tape
Views: 96
Message 3 of 4

Well, the laptop is only a week old, and the vantage utility shows everything to be fully updated.

I watched graphs of the temperature and there are periodic spikes that are hitting 90 degrees and causing it to register as the max.  It's not consistently at that level, but I still am not sure if that's normal either.  My desktop doesn't do that.

Naic_Guy_Bawb
Punch Card
Views: 85
Message 4 of 4

that's not normal my max was 83 u should contact support if u have warranty return it before damaging it my laptop also has a minor problem of audio crackling sometimes (like firework) in both speakers and head-phone jack and scuffed wifi card disconnects every 3 mins looks like this manufacturer products has all kind of problems i am in situation i can't return it

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors