Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

41 Posts

12-02-2017

Portugal

93 Signins

509 Page Views

• Views: 509
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo y720 OneKey Recovery button stuck inside the Laptop. If I open, will it void the waranty?

2018-03-10, 15:41 PM

So...

On a previous post, I wrote that my Laptop went to repair because the CPU was damaged. They replaced it with a new one, and it's obvious that they needed to open the Laptop to replace it. During that process, the OneKey recovery button might fell out of place and now the button isn't there. I did not apply any force to get it stuck and I used it before the repair. Sometimes when I boot the Laptop I have to shake it so that it doesn't press on the recovery button. When It does, it boots me into a Boot menu with 4 options, something like BIOS Setup, Boot menu, System Recovery and the Normal Startup, so it has to do with the missing OneKey recovery button. When I shake the laptop I can hear something spinning inside.

So my question is: If I open the Laptop will I void my waranty? I'm not replacing anything, just want to put back the button that is loose inside the Laptop. And maybe clean the fans.

Thanks for your attention.

Answer
Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 26243

Re: Lenovo y720 OneKey Recovery button stuck inside the Laptop. If I open, will it void the waranty?

2018-03-12, 14:12 PM

Hello Filipeluk

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

If you don`t damage anything and don`t break any seals, the warranty should stay well, unfortunately it`s really easy to damage even just the screw threads.

If this has happened after a repair, it would be best to get back to the support team and report it to them, as this would be best if they handle it for you whilst you still have warranty.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo y720 OneKey Recovery button stuck inside the Laptop. If I open, will it void the waranty?

2018-03-12, 14:12 PM

Hello Filipeluk

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

If you don`t damage anything and don`t break any seals, the warranty should stay well, unfortunately it`s really easy to damage even just the screw threads.

If this has happened after a repair, it would be best to get back to the support team and report it to them, as this would be best if they handle it for you whilst you still have warranty.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

41 Posts

12-02-2017

Portugal

93 Signins

509 Page Views

• Views: 509
  • Message 3 of 3

2018-03-12, 19:32 PM

I actually thought in that, but It's going to happen the same thing. The Laptop went to repair and was complete in 4 days. Only received it after 1 month, so I really don't know if I should take it just for this button. The amount of time I'll have to wait is going to be a waste, but anyways, thanks for the information, I'll see what I can do.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms