Options

5 Posts

02-06-2019

US

8 Signins

111 Page Views

• Views: 111
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo y730 Crashloops? Cannot use for more than 5 minutes without a crash.

2020-01-01, 2:15 AM

Hi, i've had this laptop for a little over a year now, And it worked perfectly fine up until a few months ago. 
I began to start having frequent ":(" Crashes with the error codes "Critical_Process_Died" and "Kernal_Inpage_Error". Also, prior to some of these crashes, the UI slowly began disappearing and sometimes I would see a window pop up describing some kind of failure or error to write something to RAM. 
I made a mistake and I tried to fix this myself, i figured the SSD was going bad. So I cloned it and bought a new one. But that seemed a temporary fix. I tried replacing some drivers and that also was a temporary fix. But now I'm back to having endless crashloops. 
Is there any way I can send this in to Lenovo somewhere? Did I void my warranty?

Options

601 Posts

08-01-2018

US

399 Signins

10425 Page Views

• Views: 10425
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo y730 Crashloops? Cannot use for more than 5 minutes without a crash.

2020-01-01, 10:25 AM

Hi FeatheredFriend!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Check if there are any hardware issues on the computer before contacting our support team for warranty claims, possible that it can be a software related or corrupted OS.

You can run a hardware scan by entering the serial number of your computer here https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/ and click on Diagnostics on the left side panel and do a Simple Scan. 

If there are no hardware issues, we highly advise a clean install of Windows 10. 

Regards,

Jerry_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

02-06-2019

US

8 Signins

111 Page Views

• Views: 111
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-01-03, 5:17 AM
Hello! I took your suggestion and did a scan using Lenovo's diagnostics, and apparently all my hardware passed inspection. I also did a complete clean reinstall of the operating system.
However, I'm still getting "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" Crashes. I cant seem to figure out what triggers them. It crashed once during the initial setup of the operating system, and another time while attempting to boot Steam.
Options

601 Posts

08-01-2018

US

399 Signins

10425 Page Views

• Views: 10425
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-01-03, 11:03 AM

Lets isolate the case regarding with the Blue Screen error. If you are still able to navigate on the Operating System, download a trusted third party app called "WhoCrashed" and run a scan. This will let us identify on what is causing the computer to crash. You can attach the results here. 

Regards,

Jerry_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete