cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Proe24
What's DOS?
Views: 144
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo y740 (RTX 2070) - Is it possible to change the refresh rate with switchable graphics?

I changed some settings to conserve battery life with casual use by disabling gsync and lowering the refresh rate to 60 hz from 144. After that I went into the bios and enabled switchable graphics so that I could run the laptop off of the intel graphics instead of the dedicated in order conserve even more energy. From there I set it up to use the intel graphics for global settings and chose the games I planned on playing specifically to run off of the RTX; however, I am now unable to find the options to run those games at 144hz refresh rate with gsync turned on. Where might I be able to find this options? Or is it not possible when you've enabled switchable graphics? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 111
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo y740 (RTX 2070) - Is it possible to change the refresh rate with switchable graphics?

Hi Proe24! 

Welcome to the Lenovo forum discussion! 

That's a good question! First of all, the settings that you have changed in the BIOS will no longer trigger the 144Hz display. You need to change the original settings in the BIOS page for a dedicated graphics card in order for the 144Hz to work again.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors