Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Linux Operating SystemsOther Linux Discussions
All Forum Topics
Options

65 Posts

07-11-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

42 Signins

600 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 600
  • Message 1 of 1

Linux Support on the Legion

2021-08-13, 7:10 AM

So currently the Lenovo Legion 5 has no Linux support, personally this is frustrating since I’d like to move to SteamOS 3 (when it’s out) for my games and Ubuntu for everything else (work/life separation) so I’m looking for third party currrently a bunch of things don’t work properly when testing it out, listed below:

1. Power management is non-existent (latest kernel)
  2. Optimus/MUX doesn’t work (stuck on Nvidia GPU)
  3. Brightness control/Fn don’t do anything

Windows as it is currently is a train wreck of an OS especially with the telemetry that goes on and most of the problems people experience on this platform are due to the derelict code-bases and design flaws Microsoft refuses to deal with, usually people complain about acpi.sys or wdf01000.sys creating problems, which are central windows processes afaik, I’ve tried to establish a dialog with Microsoft support on the issues that the community faces but they have politely declined to deal with it.

Linux is emerging as a increasingly viable alternative to Windows in every application, supporting the Linux kernel in the BIOS outside of just letting it boot would go far for my appreciation of Lenovo.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms