10-19-2019 10:00 PM
You maybe have heard already about the upcoming Y550 and Y750's features list (models by 2020), if not, check (from 3:00 to 4:30):
Having said that, I hope this reaches some Lenovo executive, PLEASE, add the following features:
- make the keyboard keys NOT erasable with use, my old Y500 has a them so big messed up
- add multi SD card reader (why your other gaming competitor laptops DO have?)
- make the webcam better than just 720p 30fps (yes, as video depicted, is going to the TOP, thank God)
- not to mention, 10th gen i7 processor and only 3200MHz RAM only, forget about 2666 one
- if possible: RGB keys also for Y550
- in possible: faster NVMe.2 memory, there is HUGE difference beween the budget Microsoft one and Samsung EVOs
-> please add here more suggestions by yourself ** Thank you
10-20-2019 06:49 PM
I have the Y540.
1- Battery life/duration. Hoping for improvements of epic proportions.
3- Palm rest: the edges/bevels hurt my palm. Smooth sloped edge/bevel design will be comfortable.
4- Screen brightness (higher brightness would be great.)
5- SATA slot and two m.2 NVMe slots.
6- SD card reader.
7- Nose cam (never again.)
No pre-installed software/apps, please. None whatsoever. Not even good old McAfee. Not talking about drivers of course.
10-20-2019 10:03 PM - edited 10-20-2019 10:07 PM
the palm rest is way too unusual in laptops, so do not expect to happen
the SD card reader is a must
the nose cam was ridiculous with the huge vessel below, but it is confirmed to be removed as the video depicts
having said this, I probably will wait for the DDR5 + i7 10th gen release, perhaps by Feb or March 2020....
I dont wanna have any windows preinstalled, will use a cheap 10 dollars license instead, so u save 100+ USD, I hope we have the option to select no OS
is there any lenovo staff member to discuss about this topic?
10-21-2019 05:07 AM
What prevents you to do clean install of your windows? They have agreements and money for that, no way this changes but you can provide yourself easily.
1. 5 hours arent enough for you? Well you should be looking elsewhere than gaming laptops section.
2. I really like Y540 keyboard, previously I had Y740 and keyboard was much worse, especially layout, main reason I returned it.
3. That's truth.
4. Especially those drastic changes when you lower your brightness.
7. If I needed cam on laptop I would not buy this laptop, I use iPad for video calls though.
10-21-2019 05:13 AM
10-21-2019 10:57 AM
No Nose CAM. Instead include it in the top bezels.
Better placement for numpad and arrow keys, need for palm rest
No pre-installed windows. (We need DOS version or Linux Version)
Better Screen quality with good brightness.
10-21-2019 03:29 PM - edited 10-21-2019 03:32 PM
If your first statement is a reply to my last note, then whatever. It's just a small thing.
1) 5 hours! Where did you come up with that number? Seriously. I have the 15" screen, and it lasts just a little over 3 hours. So, speak for yourself.
2) I'm not comparing Y740 with Y540. I stated my issues with the keyboard, and it was stated that they're thinking about changing it
in the video (inspiration from Thinkpad or whatever.) So, that proves that they know their keyboard should be improved.
7) I put the camera note last because it's not that important, but a nose cam is still ugly-- I prefer no camera over nose cam.
How am I unrealistic?
Absolutely! Customer service should be improved.
To be honest, I'm not happy with the product until now. Many issues with Y540 (just take a look at the posts.)
Hybrid mode issues
Wi-Fi connectivity (I still haven't confirmed the cause)
Too many issues
I just mentioned some of the grievances I have with the Hardware.
10-21-2019 03:59 PM
To be honest I feel you, considering I have this laptop just 2 and half months I have had more issues than with my last Lenovo product in 7 years. Probably just lucky I guess.
1) Mine is 15 inch 144hz so it`s possible, I reach similar figures to Jarrod's tech review if I change my custom Nvidia control panel profile to 60hz one and hybrid mode on.
2] should be elsewhere yeah, but I love that clean bezel on the other hand
I had most of issues you listed, half of them were solved by clean installing windows. Maybe give it a try.
10-21-2019 04:18 PM
10-21-2019 09:35 PM - edited 10-21-2019 09:36 PM
Let's face Y5XX is much worse than the Y7XX, for a few extra hundreds, reasons:
- Dolby HDR + GSYNC
- Aluminium + thinner body
- Thundervolt 3 port
- RGB keys
- No useless numpad
- Better cooling
- No sound cracking / WIFI issues
My choice will be the Y750 of 15" with DDR5 and i7 10th gen, maybe available by Feb or March 2020... I hope sooner