Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-13-2019

Sweden

6 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 3

Main issiue: Internet Connection speed second issiue: USB3

2019-04-13, 6:39 AM

Hi, my name is Jonas. I apologize for not searching around for my specific problems but as  a newcomer I wanted to introduce myself at the same time so I hope you are in agreement with that. I am not a genius on ones and zeros and with my little experience I am pleased with my legion y520 so far but isn’t a fan of windows 10 at all and really wants to downgrade to windows 7 when I have time.

I link some pictures to try to illustrate my first and main question better and this post is translated with google translator.

I have 2 questions that I am very thoughtful about but the first one is the main problem today.

I had 100mb connection down / up. But from April 1st my internet provider raised the speed to 200mb down, (up I am not sure what applies), and at the same time raised the price

I have this computer connected to a router "ASUS RT-N12E C1 Wireless Router" but I am connected with a CAT 6 cable. I have not tried to connect the computer past the router yet. Why? Well if you look at my question down under and picture 2 I hope it explains why I don´t have done it yet.

Picture 3 is just specs (sorry for the non-English language) As you see in picture 1, it stands 100mb there instead of expected 200mb? Is it an indication that my NIC is incorrectly set or do the numbers there just reflect another error? Picture 2 is specs from bredbandskontrollen.se and I filled in the numbers 200mb so it is not the fact that the site stats that I have up to 200mb.

What do you data gurus think is wrong?

My USB3 ports works really bad thus i´m only reaches from 4 mb/s to maby 15 mb/s on a standard 64 mb USB3 certified USB-stick. And it goes up and down the whole time.

When connect the same USB3-stick to my windows 7 computer I get much faster connections. I have not the exact specs now cos my main problem is the internet speed. I just throw that question in and feel free to ignore this question if you thinks the question is incomplete.

Well thanks for your time and I want to thank Lenovo for, in my eyes, great app and portal for us customers <3 I hope I in my turn can help at some point.

If my post is incorrect in some way feel free to adjust or remove it.

Regards / Jonas

Answer
Options

792 Posts

07-25-2013

Australia

678 Signins

9430 Page Views

• Views: 9430

Re: Main issiue: Internet Connection speed second issiue: USB3

2019-04-15, 1:24 AM

The speed reported in your computer (as per the screenshot) is not your internet speed, but the speed of the connection between your computer and the router. Your router unfortunately has only 4x 100mbit ports only. Look at the specs in the link below under "ports":

https://www.asus.com/au/Networking/RT-N12E-C1/specifications/

You need a better router with gigabit ports and preferably better wifi (ac instead of n).

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

792 Posts

07-25-2013

Australia

678 Signins

9430 Page Views

• Views: 9430
  • Message 2 of 3

2019-04-15, 1:24 AM

The speed reported in your computer (as per the screenshot) is not your internet speed, but the speed of the connection between your computer and the router. Your router unfortunately has only 4x 100mbit ports only. Look at the specs in the link below under "ports":

https://www.asus.com/au/Networking/RT-N12E-C1/specifications/

You need a better router with gigabit ports and preferably better wifi (ac instead of n).

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

04-13-2019

Sweden

6 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 3 of 3

2019-04-16, 18:11 PM

Ohhhhhhhsh*****t!

Big thanks for the answer!

Yes the router was ridiculously cheap and I understand why now.......

I didn´t really understand the "wifi" thing but it´s ok thus i´m only use the wifi for my mobile and all comps is cable connected with cat 6 cables.

To sum up then:

A better gigabit Router!

Again BIG big thanks for the information :heart:

Regards

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms