Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

28 Posts

07-03-2019

Canada

19 Signins

126 Page Views

• Views: 126
  • Message 1 of 3

Microstutters and Input lag for 2 years Across All Games - Y520

2020-10-09, 11:56 AM

Hey guys, I've been having a long time problem with no real solution. 

I get microstutters often even in games running over 60fps. And all my games have more input lag then I ever had with windows 7 running on a 10 year old laptop. I just want to be able to play games smoothly for once. Even Far Cry 3 ran smoother on my 2011 dell xps then this Lenovo, with less stutters and lag (even though FPS was lower it was smoother).

I've done numerous windows reinstalls, bought a huge samsung SSD, installed 32 gigs ram, the problem improved marginally but it still persists. Is this just a windows thing? Or is this a Lenovo issue? 

Its not from vsync and I've tried every imaginable nvidia driver and control panel tweak. Mouse drivers are up to date, as are usb drivers, not that it should make a difference because the issue was there from day 1.

Stutters happen even if the CPU doesn't hit 100%, they differ from the more frequent stutters I get if the CPU throttles.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Should I try windows LTSB if I can find it? Or is this possibly a hardware deficiency?

I have the model with the 1050ti, i5, and have upgraded to 1TB ssd (OS is installed on SSD and so are games) + 32GB RAM.

Any ideas? Thanks

Options

44 Posts

10-03-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

15 Signins

260 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 260
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Microstutters and Input lag for 2 years Across All Games - Y520

2020-10-09, 12:07 PM

Maybe related to this thread?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/lenovo-legion-y520-gaming-laptop-game-stutter-after-bios-update/m-p/5042717

Options

28 Posts

07-03-2019

Canada

19 Signins

126 Page Views

• Views: 126
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Microstutters and Input lag for 2 years Across All Games - Y520

2020-10-09, 13:14 PM

Thanks for pointing this out, maybe it is worth a try, however I don't remember ever manually updating BIOS. Does windows ever autoupdate it?

Also please keep in mind I've had this issue from the day I got this computer (but it's definitely gotten worse)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms