cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saver175175
Fanfold Paper
Views: 429
Message 1 of 18

My new y700 17 inch gets black screen after 3 minutes with out plug the charger ?????

plz help me this is my second day i just recived my new laptop from amazon  2 days ago 

and the proplem is the screen gets black and the system freeze after the windows 10 starts with 3 minutes i dont know why

but if i plug the charger it comes normal ...................... but i want to use my laptop with out the charger any help 

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 405
Message 2 of 18

Re: My new y700 17 inch gets black screen after 3 minutes with out plug the charger ?????

In order to check.... try these

First update Bios if updates are available....

Second go to power options->On left side click what power options do->change settings that are unavailable->untick turn on fast startup(recommended)... u r done

At last

Change power plan to high performance,Go to lenovo settings enable conservation mode(This charges battery 55-60% saving remaining 40 % of battery life untouched), uncheck battery stretch..... go to energy manager if you have and disable dim display and outlook events...... Install ACPI driver,Uninstall and update Graphics & audio drivers from lenovo website...... Do restart.... Always have an antivirus whether its free or paid(Only Free-Avast,Avira /Paid-BitDefender,Kaspersky others are out of list or virus themselvs Smiley Very Happy jus kidding)..... lastly do SFC \SCANNOW

Regards

Kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy
saver175175
Fanfold Paper
Views: 399
Message 3 of 18

Re: My new y700 17 inch gets black screen after 3 minutes with out plug the charger ?????

so i will check are u sure its not hardware proplem
kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 394
Message 4 of 18

Sure bro... Smiley Happy

Regards

Kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy
saver175175
Fanfold Paper
Views: 374
Message 5 of 18

i do all this and still have the proplem the laptop dark screen with out the charger connected :s

just wanna tell u am in windows 10 home 64

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 352
Message 6 of 18

Could you possibly shoot a video showing the problem? If the OS is freezing and the display blanks, it could be an issue with the battery.

Could you also please fully charge your laptop, and then run this application and post a screenshot of your battery info?

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/batteryinfoview.zip

By comparison, my Y700-17ISK looks like this (currently under 40% as I'm on battery right now)

2016-04-24.png

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
saver175175
Fanfold Paper
Views: 339
Message 7 of 18

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 326
Message 8 of 18

Thanks for the reply! The video really clarifies the issue Smiley Happy

Do you have a monitor or a TV you could hook up via HDMI, and let me know if the system truly freezes, or if the screen simply turns off?

It seems to happen the moment you touch the touchpad. Although I've never seen this on my Y700, I have seen a similar issue with my W540.

Can you also let me know if closing and re-opening the lid fixes this? It looks like you might need to send it in under warranty.

Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
saver175175
Fanfold Paper
Views: 315
Message 9 of 18

if i conectted it with hdmi tv same proplem yeah i just wanna know is this can be software proplem or i have to ssend it in warranty
i got it from amazon usa
Highlighted
saver175175
Fanfold Paper
Views: 361
Message 10 of 18

please any one from lenovo support help me coz no one solved my proplem

My new y700 17 inch gets black screen after 3 minutes with out plug the charger

plz help me this is my second day i just recived my new laptop from amazon  2 days ago 

and the proplem is the screen gets black and the system freeze after the windows 10 starts with 3 minutes i dont know why

but if i plug the charger it comes normal ...................... but i want to use my laptop with out the charger any help 

i just guessing is it can be a windows 10 proplem so i can go back for win 8

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors