Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-29-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

Nerve sense Gone!!! Lenovo Legion Y720 after system reinstall

2021-10-06, 1:32 AM

Hello all,

I recently had the unfortunate opportunity to flash my computer after a blue screen windows failure. After doing this and getting everything back up and running, I have lost my ability to use the Lenovo Nerve center (nerve sense). I have looked on Lenovo's website, registered my laptop but no drivers come up. I have found some dodgy website forums with links to downloads or links to Lenovo's webpage where the drivers for the nerve sense are blocked reading "you do not have access to these drivers". I have also heard they have stopped updating the functions and no longer support the application. However I have also heard that the Lenovo vantage is supposed to take care of this.

I know this is a long post, but the real question is, if Lenovo vantage is indeed a replacement, how to I gain access to use the application. If not, is there a way around that I can get my functionality back!!! 

For any confusion or anyone unsure of nerve sense center, it houses the ability to adjust network priority, LED display on the keyboard and most importantly to me, the ability to boost the fans on the laptop for cooling. Attached  is an image of what the interface looked like. VVV

It really feels like Lenovo dropped the ball on this line of laptops and gave a good ole middle finger as nothing Lenovo is helpful in figuring this out. ); 

I would be very grateful if anyone is able to direct me the right way !!!! 

Thanks again!

Options

981 Posts

01-04-2018

United States of America

529 Signins

6741 Page Views

• Views: 6741
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Nerve sense Gone!!! Lenovo Legion Y720 after system reinstall

2021-10-06, 7:10 AM

You can get Lenovo Vantage in the Microsoft Store. As someone who had a Y720, I've reinstalled Windows several times, completely losing access to Nerve Sense and Dolby Atmos. You can get them back - it just takes a bit of time and problem solving.

I'd recommend trying to reinstall Windows, this time using the reinstallation feature that comes with Windows 10.

Other options:

Go here:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-y720-15ikb/downloads/driver-list

Download and install all the drivers.

Options

2 Posts

06-29-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Nerve sense Gone!!! Lenovo Legion Y720 after system reinstall

2021-10-17, 19:30 PM

Thanks for the reply but the Lenovo driver page does not have drivers for these components and  neither does Microsoft. 

As for Lenovo vantage, I have it installed but it does not address any of these issues. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms