Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-17-2020

Spain

13 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 3

New PC 2 years old

2020-12-17, 1:26 AM

I bought a Legion gaming machine from Lenovo.com. The Windows 10 Home was partially installed, some apps had already been setup and used. There was an expired Warranty from 2018. My new PC was 2 years old?

My Adobe products would not install. Hardware scan threw up storage errors. Support suggest reset to Factory Settings.

Windows reinstalled, same errors and problems. Adobe products required a later version of Windows, the installed version is 1705, deprecated since 2018. The storage errors were due to a hard drive not being formatted, even after reset.

Requested return and refund. This was confirmed by email with instructions to follow within 3 working days. This deadline has now passed with no further contact from support.

The hardware may be great but it doesn't run Windows programs because the OS is out of date. Lenovo apps don't work and are out of date. I didnt install Steam to find out but I doubt latest games will work on the old OS.

I wanted to tell someone so I am telling you because no one else seems to care. This would be my third Lenovo laptop, but the crap service and lack of concern for such shoddiness means it will be my last.

Options

54 Posts

05-08-2020

United States of America

143 Signins

585 Page Views

• Views: 585
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:New PC 2 years old

2020-12-18, 17:32 PM

That doesn't even make sense. The first thing you said was that the warranty, from 2018, had expired. WHY DID YOU EVEN GO ANY FURTHER???? WHY DIDNT YOU RETURN RIGHT AWAY?

Options

2 Posts

12-17-2020

Spain

13 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:New PC 2 years old

2020-12-30, 20:47 PM

Well, I recieved my new pre-configured PC and tried to install my Adobe apps which reported the pc was incompatible, which is strange since they run on my other 5 year old i3 Lenovo, albeit slowly.

I ran a hardware scan which found storage errors, and clicked the button to send the report for technical help. This required me to follow instruction to a three-step solution, including installing any optional drivers using the Lenovo Vantage app which failed to work. Lastly I ran the hardware scan again. Final solution was to contact support via a web page form, which failed to submit. Second attempt was ok. All this was to report the problem.

Subsequent instructions from Support requested that I repeat the steps I had already done and then reset Windows. This I did and Windows Home reinstalled slightly differently, with some apps originally preinstalled now requiring setup, suggesting a previously used system. The storage errors were still present.

When I viewed the warranty info it showed a depot warranty from 2018 as expired. I  requested updated warranty info and received an email from China saying it had successfully updated and should show up in the next working day. I didn't check it again.

After 3 days of running support requests with no real support I asked for a refund. Since I had registered Adobe products I reset windows again and noticed that Adobe said they require a more up to date system. I checked the history and saw it was Windows Home version 1703, depracated since 2018. I also tried to access the faulty hardrive and was told it required Formatting. This fixed the storage errors.

This 'new' pc hadn't even been pre-configured for resale. It was collected by couriers who required me to print their labels for them, and arrived at its destination in the Netherlands yesterday, 29/12.

Still waiting for my refund.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms