Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-24-2019

Austria

3 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 3

No Audio Line In found

2019-12-24, 14:35 PM

Hello!

A few days ago I bought the Lenovo Legion Y740-15IRHg. 
And now I have a problem with the audio.

I want to connect a dj music mixer to my laptop, so that I can use the audio of the music mixer for a specific program. (means I want to stream audio into my laptop)

For this i use the audio jack, in the Sound-Options tab I cant find a option for Audio Line In (my 3 year old acer laptop for example has this option).

So everytime I connect the mixer to my laptop, the laptop recognizes it as an headphone and I cant find an option to change that.

I've tried a lot of different realtek drivers, an audio splitter for microphone and headset but nothing works.

Is it possible that the audio jack of my Lenovo doesnt support the Audio Line in Feature?

The attached screenshot shows that there is no Audio Line In option, I've also tried to show hidden/deactivated devices.
(and yes the screenshot is in german language, but I hoped to get a better result by asking in the english forum)

Options

4395 Posts

12-13-2016

United States of America

6006 Signins

72026 Page Views

• Views: 72026
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: No Audio Line In found

2019-12-24, 15:24 PM

Welcome to the Community!

You'll need an external sound card that supports line-in functionality, such as this one (just a random link, I don't own this). Prices and features vary. I own this one for the work I do, which handles instruments and processed microphones, as well.

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Options

4 Posts

06-24-2020

India

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:No Audio Line In found

2020-06-28, 9:02 AM
I can't connect my mic in Legion y540. Is there no option to connect it. Only option is with usb audio adapter?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms