09-14-2020

US

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Overheating? BSOD, Shutting off out of no where

2020-09-14, 23:44 PM

Hi, I have a lenovo Y520-15IKBM, it started last week my fans were so loud ang it seems like they are going full speed, I have never heard them that loud and I knew there's something wrong but wasnt sure what it was. So today I went to a shop to get it fixed they cleaned it and it seemed that it was fine ajd the guy said the fans are normal that way, but now my laptop just shut off by its own out of no where. I dont know what to do anymore, I'm not good with pc, please help 

Options

724 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

78 Signins

4408 Page Views

• Views: 4408
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Overheating? BSOD, Shutting off out of no where

2020-09-15, 8:39 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

please try the following:

Disconnect the charger from the laptop, and the wall.  

Make sure the laptop is powered off, then press and hold the power button for 60 seconds.

Reconnect the charger to the laptop, then the wall.

Now try to start your computer.

Now, i want you to once in a while, when its running, put your hands around on different places, if you burn yourself, turn it off, then there is overheating happening, but if its just warm to the touch, there is mostly nothing to worry about, now if you get any BSOD, please note what it says.

Another thing you could do would be the following:

To do a factory reset, first you will need to make a backup of your important files to an external USB storage unit, or to an online drive.

Then you need to turn off your laptop completely, by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.

To initiate the factory reset, you need to push the tiny button located (Go to pcsupport.lenovo.com search with your serial number, then select pane "Knowledgebase and Guides" Then find the user manual and locate the Novo buttons placement in the manual), You can use for example, a paperclip to press it, after  

you have pressed the button, the laptop will power on, and present a small menu, use the arrow keys to select factory reset, and press the  

enter key to select. Now follow the on screen instructions.

then

How to Disable Automatic Driver Downloads on Windows 10

1. Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
  2. Make your way to System and Security.
  3. Click System.
  4. Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
  5. Select the Hardware tab.
  6. Press the Device Installation Settings button.
  7. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

reboot, start Lenovo Vantage, and update drivers, reboot, update windows, and see if this solves the issue.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete