Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

03-23-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 10

Pattern across top of screen - Lenovo Legion 5

2021-03-23, 14:12 PM

On Saturday i noticed this pattern appear on the top left of my laptop screen: https://imgur.com/DCmfQPI

I took a screenshot of the desktop using print screen and the pattern doesn't appear on the screenshot. I tried changing several windows themes and the pattern remains on the top of the screen. It appears transparent as it blends in with what ever colour is on the screen. It dosen't appear on external monitors either so i am a bit stumped. Hope someone can advise. 

Options

3108 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

588 Signins

23859 Page Views

• Views: 23859
  • Message 2 of 10

Re:Pattern across top of screen - Lenovo Legion 5

2021-03-23, 17:14 PM

Hello @treasurejam86,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

It looks like backlight bleed however this should not be present in a non black screen environment.

Kindly try turning your machine on and observe if the issue is still there while booting up with the black screen.

I would also suggest trying to install the display drivers of the machine to see if that will resolve the issues.

You can find the drivers here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-5-15imh05/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Graphics%20Processing%20Units%20%28GPU%29

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

5 Posts

03-23-2021

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2021-03-23, 17:38 PM

Hi Jack,

Many thanks for your reply. I'm referring to the pattern of dots at the top of the screen. The background was a solid colour at the time of taking that picture. 

Options

3108 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

588 Signins

23859 Page Views

• Views: 23859
  • Message 4 of 10

2021-03-25, 15:11 PM

Hello @treasurejam86,

Sorry for the late reply.

I've checked the photo and it is possible that the pixels are bad.

You can check out the pixel policy here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht035306-lcd-display-pixel-policy-idealenovo-laptops-and-tablets

If the number of dots on the display match the policy you should be able to request service.

You can reach out to  +44 333-777-3991 for warranty **bleep**.

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

5 Posts

03-23-2021

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2021-03-25, 16:12 PM

Hi Jack,

Many thanks for coming back to me.  Interestingly on the green back ground of the lcd test, that area in the photo appears black while on the blue and red background that area appears white. 

Options

10 Posts

03-29-2021

Czech Republic

8 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 6 of 10

2021-03-30, 10:56 AM

Hi!
I got the same problem.
How was your case resolved?

Options

5 Posts

03-23-2021

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2021-03-30, 11:58 AM

I opened a support ticket with Lenovo yesterday and sent them pictures of my screen so waiting to hear what they have to say. 

Options

10 Posts

03-29-2021

Czech Republic

8 Signins

115 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2021-03-30, 12:18 PM

Ok, Thank you.

Options

5 Posts

03-23-2021

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2021-06-09, 20:53 PM

After two months since this post the situation went from bad to worse. 

I received my “repaired” device on the 28th April. Out of the packaging it seemed fine no dents or damages on it but here is where the trouble comes. 

I switch on my Legion 5, the keyboard lights up but the screen does not. I try turning it on and off several times but no luck with the display. I connect my “repaired” laptop to an external screen and the external screen does not detect my laptop either. After several phone calls and emails later, I agree to ship my laptop back to the service centre on their premium delivery service. This is now the second time within a month it’s gone back to the service centre. 

On the 4th May I receive an email update saying my repair is on hold due to not having parts. I phone up the service centre straight away and I ask why, all they have to do is get the screen working. The engineer tells me that there is no display on the dominant GPU only on the second GPU (switchable graphics) which is why the motherboard needs to be replaced now! It will also take another three weeks for the parts to come in!!! 

Annoyed now, I escalate this further as it could go and someone from Frankfurt is now involved. After several disappointing emails and phone calls I decide to reject what was once a brand new machine is now a refurbished machine. I did not pay for a refurbished laptop, I paid for a brand new one. 

Communication between Lenovo and the reseller has been very appalling and not Lenovo or the reseller have made any effort to send out a replacement. I am now arranging a full refund with the reseller and will not be buying from them again. 

Options

10 Posts

03-29-2021

Czech Republic

8 Signins

115 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2021-06-09, 22:02 PM

My problem is a little different, but I'm also pissed off. I gave my laptop for diagnostics and display replacement to the service department of the store where I bought it. Store handed over the laptop to Lenovo service, which opened a warranty case.

The replacement in the Lenovo service lasted a month, while I was left completely without any other PC. And when asked for a replacement machine, they answered that Lenovo does not provide such an opportunity.

As a result, after a month I received a laptop with a replaced display ...

• with a incorrectly glued display (relatively large black frames on only two sides - left an bottom);
  • with curved hinges of the lid;
  • with poorly glued and clicky display frame;
  • with сrooked anticlockwise printed Legion logo on display frame;
  • with a lid that itself, when closed, lays down with a gap in the left corner and a shifted a bit to the right...

I would have replaced this display better myself...and I know what I'm talking about, I've already done it on another Lenovo laptop!!!

Also the problem is that I received a discharged laptop from the service and checked the "quality" of the repair already at home.

When I started filing emai claims, I was assured that I had to hand over my laptop again for a month ... but I can't wait another month, I had to study and work somehow. For now I have kept this ugly monster with me, but I will try to give it back to the store in two or three weeks and i will request a replacement or a refund. I'm sure the store will send it back to the same service, where the laptop will start to spoil again, but then I'll be more attentive, and then the consumer law will be on my side and I will insist on a refund.

I don't know if I'll buy Lenovo again...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms