Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwareham
Blue Screen Again
Views: 245
Message 1 of 4

Persistent BSoD on new Y7000

I have had this laptop for about six weeks; I keep getting a BSoD with the error Memory Management. I thought it was due to a Windows update but it keeps happening; about 3x per week. It has happened since the first week, prior to programs being loaded. 

I am a business user -- no games -- so am not using a ton of resource. BSoD happens when a) I am away from my laptop, having left several Chrome windows open or b) I am surfing the internet and no other programs are active. 

Thinking about returning it but  I do like the specs. I am not, however, interested in a wild goose chase for troubleshooting. Willing to try a few things but I don't have a lot of time to dig deep. 

What is your best advice? 

Thanks

Joshva80
Punch Card
Views: 207
Message 2 of 4

Re: Persistent BSoD on new Y7000

Same issue on mine. See below image.

I tried the version of Windows it came with. The version of Windows it came with upgraded to 18.09. Clean install latest version of Windows 18.09. I updated all drivers

There is something seriously wrong with this line of laptops

I returned mine btw as faulty. From your post seems i am not alone

Another blue screen when plugged into external display.jpg

dwareham
Blue Screen Again
Views: 198
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply. 

Curiously, I am connected to an external monitor as well. I saw another post indicating that might be the problem, but there was nothing conclusive in the thread. 

I have updated the BIOS, ran the Lenovo Diagnostics (no problems found) and have updated the NVidia graphics drivers. 

I would like to keep this laptop as I have installed my basic apps (though there are only a few) and have it all set up. I suppose I will give it another week...

Thanks

dwareham
Blue Screen Again
Views: 185
Message 4 of 4

Hello? Any Lenovo support out there to help?

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors