Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

01-06-2019

India

20 Signins

151 Page Views

• Views: 151
  • Message 1 of 3

Please help .. bootlooping after BIOS downgrade ..

2019-02-18, 19:04 PM

I have recently downgraded the bios version to 4GCN34WW from 36WW as someone on the forums suggested this as a solution from dropped frame rates while the laptop is plugged in .. it works fast without frame drops on battery . First, after downgrading to 34WW, frame drop problem persisted. So, installed to findout if 31WW works .. after this, it's been a nightmare to me as the laptop became useless .. it keeps on saying Preparing Automatic Repair everytime I turn it on and after this the blue screen of Your PC ran into a problem appears.. so, I thought of going by Safe Mode and installing the new BIOS and teied doing till the installation of the file needs a system restart to complete the flashing process, as I hit the restart, it again picks up at the Preparing Automatic Repair screen and do not go through flashing BIOS .. 

Please help me someone .. how can I install the bios file as whenever I'm logging in to Windows, it keeps on restarting after I enter the password and the desktop is about to appear .. this is keeping me unable to install the exe files available from the archives .. please suggest me a solution ..

You'd be of immense help for me .. itsi been more than a month of not using the laptop

Thank you

Options

792 Posts

07-25-2013

Australia

678 Signins

9430 Page Views

• Views: 9430
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Please help .. bootlooping after BIOS downgrade ..

2019-02-19, 10:38 AM
Hi,
Can you please try to disable "secure boot" in the BIOS settings? I'm just acting on a hunch here...
It won't hurt your machine.
if all fails you should be able to update the BIOS using a fat32 formatted usb drive
====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
Options

4 Posts

01-06-2019

India

20 Signins

151 Page Views

• Views: 151
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Please help .. bootlooping after BIOS downgrade ..

2019-02-25, 9:13 AM

Thanks a lot for the reply mate. I tried disabling Sefure Boot and still it keeps on restarting from the "Your PC ran into a problem" screen. Regards to flashing the BIOS using a fat32, the BIOS file is an executable file and just after logging into Windows, it restarts. I mean, is there any other way to just install BIOS without entering Windows? 

Please guys, someone help me. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)