Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-17-2020

Austria

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 1

Please help me fix my mess of a system (y740, various problems)

2020-04-17, 17:20 PM
The laptop in question is a Lenovo Y740 i7 8850h 2060 model from 2019 (1TB HDD, 128GB SSD) Chapter one: The first problems Straight out of the box the screen would flicker at certain angles and the keys would flash randomly despite what I set them to display. Chapter two: My bad In an attempt to fix the key thing I tried reinstalling iCue which only led to the redownloaded software not recognizing my keyboard leaving my without any keyboard RGB at all. Chapter three: Just when you thought it couldn’t get worse... I just decided to live with it - but then my lenovo vantage software - broke. I lack words to describe how much is wrong with it. It displays random bs - telling me I have 476GB in total on my SSD which is almost 4 times as much and doesn’t recognize the HDD as well as not recognizing any other parts. Updating my system through Vantage is impossible. Chapter 4: ...it gets so much worse Huge framedrops. Terrible performance. I should be getting ~7000 points on the TimeSpy Benchmark - I get ~4000. I can’t even reset my system. It tells me this system couldn’t be reset or sth. Things I’ve tried: BIOS Update, driver Update, ccleaner, throttlestop, MSI afterburner, advanced systemcare, cooling pad, call support (guy told me to perform a static discharge and nothing changed) Im out of ideas. Please help me.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms