Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-25-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 5

Problems with Connecting to Network Lenovo Legion 5

2021-06-25, 4:48 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm having a problem with my network. I can connect to my Wifi, but only if I connect through a WiFi extender. If I try to connect directly to the router, it say's it can't connect for some reason. When I do connect to the extender, it takes ages to connect to it. All the other devices in my household connect just fine, so I don't think it is the router being the problem, at least not directly. When looking at other forums, it said to download the latest driver, delete the old one, and reinstall. But after having done that, it still didn't fix the issue. The only thing it really fixed was I can now connect faster the extended network, but I still can't connect to the main one. If I close my laptop lid, it disconnects from the wifi and takes forever to reconnect.

So with that being said, what do I do? I tried submitting a support ticket, but that didn't help my problem either. I'm unsure as to where to go from here. The only other thing I could think of would be a manual reset, but I don't want to redownload and install everything I have on my computer. Is there anything I can do before it comes to that point? I'm afraid it won't let me connect to any new connections either, and I'm trying to fix it before the problem worsens. Thanks for everything,

Key

Options

4554 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

678 Signins

29765 Page Views

• Views: 29765
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Problems with Connecting to Network Lenovo Legion 5

2021-06-25, 12:24 PM

Hello @Key63,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Some routers usually have device limitations.

I would suggest checking that first and if the Legion 5 is within the device limit you might want to try a network reset.

This can be done by searching for network reset in the start menu then rebooting the machine once done.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

06-25-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-06-25, 15:01 PM

Thank you! 

I can now connect to my main router again, which is super helpful. It still disconnects and takes forever to reconnect when I close the lid, or when I connect to the router in general, but I can at least connect to the main router again.

Thanks for the help

Options

4554 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

678 Signins

29765 Page Views

• Views: 29765
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-06-25, 20:18 PM

Hello @Key63,

Thanks for writing back.

Glad I could help you out. If you have any other questions about your system don't hesitate to post again.

I would also suggest  trying to reinstall the drivers available in the support site so that we can further test where the issue is coming from.

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

1 Posts

06-26-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-06-26, 5:26 AM

I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

Omegle

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)