9 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 1 of 2

[Product feature request] Lenovo Legion 7 Slim - prosumer feedback

2021-01-14, 11:52 AM

Dear Lenovo gurus,

Happy new year!

Excellent job with offering so many AMD Ryzen options in 2021 - nearly on par with Asus who went all in with AMD tech (:

What could Lenovo do better?

Legion Slim 7

- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS (35W)

- GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060 Max-Q (min. 6GB)

- O/I port layout:

Back: 1x AC power, 1x USB C (with charging and up to 100W power delivery), 1x HDMI (normal size), 1x USB A (standby charging)
The rear USB C would be perfect for a clean desk via USB C/Thunderbolt docking station.

Left: 2x USB C, 1x 3.5mm audio/mic

Right: 1x SDXC card reader (and maybe 1x USB Type A/C)

Over 80% of customers are right-handed, therefore USB ports should not be on the right side as they get in the way of mice. The Legion 5 (2020) had an excellent I/O layout.

- Webcam physical privacy shutter similar to Legion 5 (2020)

- Up to 500cd/m² display brightness

- Disable key combos disruptive to gaming

With my ThinkPad X1 Extreme I accidentally pressed Fn + 4 or F8 in Age of Empires 2: definitive Edition which activated Sleep/Plane mode, and my team lost a few games.

- Customers should be able to charge and use the laptop (with restricted performance) using an Apple 63W and any generic USB C charger up to 100W. This is what I love on my ThinkPad X1 Extreme and the Asus G14: leave your charger at home but have still full CPU performance for the office.

- Flexible power distribution if you are not using a 63-100W USB C charger: Lenovo Vantage should allow the user to select whether they want to focus on CPU, GPU or balanced performance with the limited power supply. You can drop this feature if too complicated.

Use case "office": the user sets the device to CPU priority, allowing the CPU to receive 35W if possible (potentially disables RTX GPU in favour of iGPU)

Use case "3D rendering": the user sets the device to GPU priority, allowing the RTX 3060 Max-Q to receive as much Watt as possible

- A better ThinkPad-like keyboard with option of a centered X1 Extreme layout incl. page up/down would be delightful

- Lenovo 7 Slim or 7s is a more memorable product name than Lenovo Slim 7

Please see the attached PDF. I believe that you, Lenovo, listen to customer feedback unlike Asus who still refuse to add webcams in their high end models.

Stay well and safe

P.S.: If there was a ThinkPad X1 Extreme with 35W AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS + RTX 3060 Max-Q and Dell XPS 15-like bezels, this is where my money would go immediately.

Solved! See the solution
Options

841 Posts

04-23-2019

US

433 Signins

13857 Page Views

• Views: 13857
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:[Product feature request] Lenovo Legion 7 Slim - prosumer feedback

2021-01-14, 15:40 PM

Hello @KebabPad,

Thanks for reaching out.

Thanks you for sharing your ideas as I am sure fellow members would likewise appreciate such. You may also send your suggestion through our feedback channels in the support page and main Lenovo page.

Hope this helps,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms