• Views: 319
  • Message 1 of 8

Question regarding BIOS family

2020-03-28, 17:03 PM

Hello, referring to an email correspondence i had with the Lenovo Vantage Team 

<moderator redacted>

Subject: RE: [External] Lenovo Vantage edge

Hi VantageTeam,

Game plugin is installed only when the family name is categories as Legion, that BIOS needs to have the correct family name which is in the list. 

We met this kind of issue earlier also and found their family name in BIOS is not correct after BIOS upgrades.

Is there any way to ask the user to install the attached tool to get log for further analysis? There is a Guide.docs file can direct how to use it."

I have done as instructed but the last email i sent was on the 5th of March 2020, any way support from this forum can get an answer?

Moderator note: personal email addresses removed per Community Guidelines

Solved! See the solution
Options

18 Posts

12-15-2019

MY

36 Signins

319 Page Views

• Message 2 of 8

Re:Question regarding BIOS family

2020-03-31, 5:25 AM

Update 

Just received a reply stating the BIOS needs to be changed to include the full name of the laptop model instead of a generic "Legion 740", was suggested to reflash the latest BIOS tool and change the BIOS name from Legion 740 to the actual model of the laptop ie "Legion Y740-15ICHg" but i was unable to do so as i don't know where or how to, anyone knows?

At the same time, the Vantage Team has said they will develop the program to work even if the BIOS name is generic as mentioned, good news :D

Options

419 Posts

09-27-2019

CN

359 Signins

6552 Page Views

• Views: 6552
  • Message 3 of 8

2020-03-31, 7:52 AM

hi

See if it matches your product BIOS

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-y740-15ichg/downloads/driver-list/component?name=BIOS%2FUEFI

Options

18 Posts

12-15-2019

MY

36 Signins

319 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2020-04-03, 4:22 AM

I forgot to mention here, forgotten i mentioned it in a different thread

I had the Lenovo Vantage Edge when i bought my 740, but after reformatting with the installation tool from Lenovo Legion 740's site, my Vantage Edge turned to Vantage.  I have installed all drivers and softwares from the support site, but that didn't help. I even reflashed the BIOS from the site but didn't do anything.

I then contacted Vantage Team support and after testing with their logging tool, it was found that my 740's family name was just "Lenovo Legion 740" which was not recognized as a Vantage Edge compatible software, and i suspect this is also the cause for Dolby Vision not working in Netflix, as mentioned in the Thinkpad support thread. 

My assumption is that when the 740 was reformatted, its family name was erased. 

And today we finally solved the problem, for anyone having issues with Vantage Edge or Dolby Vision, the most probable cause is the laptop's family name. I solved my issue by reflashing my laptop's family name and reinstalling Lenovo Vantage's back end services, and got Edge working again.

1 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

9 Posts

04-05-2020

US

41 Signins

375 Page Views

• Views: 375
  • Message 5 of 8

2020-04-05, 2:19 AM

Hi, I have the same problem with my Y540 after the technician replaced my motherboard two month ago. May I ask how do you flash the family name into the bios?

Options

18 Posts

12-15-2019

MY

36 Signins

319 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-08-27, 12:58 PM

Sorry I haven't signed in for quite some time, I had communicated with the Lenovo vantage maintenance team and was given a software that flashed it, after which Lenovo pushed out an updated BIOS on the product page

Options

1 Posts

09-15-2020

RO

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 7 of 8

2020-09-15, 8:29 AM

I forgot to mention here, forgotten i mentioned it in a different thread

I had the Lenovo Vantage Edge when i bought my 740, but after reformatting with the installation tool from Lenovo Legion 740's site, my Vantage Edge turned to Vantage.  I have installed all drivers and softwares from the support site, but that didn't help. I even reflashed the BIOS from the site but didn't do anything.

I then contacted Vantage Team support and after testing with their logging tool, it was found that my 740's family name was just "Lenovo Legion 740" which was not recognized as a Vantage Edge compatible software, and i suspect this is also the cause for Dolby Vision not working in Netflix, as mentioned in the Thinkpad support thread. 

My assumption is that when the 740 was reformatted, its family name was erased. 

And today we finally solved the problem, for anyone having issues with Vantage Edge or Dolby Vision, the most probable cause is the laptop's family name. I solved my issue by reflashing my laptop's family name and reinstalling Lenovo Vantage's back end services, and got Edge working again.

hi man! how i can reflash the laptop family name? having the same problem .. which was the program ?

Options

7 Posts

06-03-2019

US

12 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 8 of 8

2020-09-16, 0:49 AM

This might work. First, turn the computer off. (You will be resetting the motherboard by taking the CMOS chip out up ahead as I am about to show you). Next, open your laptop physically. Locate the "CMOS Chip." Take it out carefully. Now, turn the laptop on. Wait for it for a couple minutes it might even boot. However, you want to boot for a little then take it out because the motherboard needs the "CMOS Chip." Now, turn the laptop off and put the "CMOS Chip" back in. Put back the laptop, and see if it boots to work. Hope this helps!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete