Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

10-14-2021

Philippines

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

RE: Ping Spikes and Network Problem (Wifi Adapter possibly) in Lenovo Legion 5 2021

2021-10-14, 2:39 AM
Since owning my new Legion 5 Stingray White (R7 5800H, 16GB ram, 1TB SSD, and RTX 3060 with 165 Hz display) for a few weeks now I have had problems regarding ping spikes. When I play games, my ping is really good between 17-24 ping most of the time but around every 30 seconds or so, I get ping spikes which greatly affects my gameplay.
My internet connection is not a problem because I have had no problems with my old laptop and I am the only one using my internet.
I have searched and looked for steps to rectify but none of the following has worked:

1. Network boost is OFF on Vantage
  2. Power management for battery increased to the maximum for networking
  3. Ensured the checkbox in the Network Adapter Properties 'Allow the computer to turn off this device' is off
  4. Updated the Realtek RTL8852AE driver
  5. All windows updates are up-to-date

Has anyone been able to rectify this issue? I see a lot of similar posts but no genuine acceptable solution to remedy this. The only other way I found to fix this problem is to replace the current wifi adapter with the Intel wifi adapter, but I'm not willing to spend on that. I hope someone could assist me with this. Thank you.
Options

12849 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7412 Signins

754135 Page Views

• Views: 754135
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:RE: Ping Spikes and Network Problem (Wifi Adapter possibly) in Lenovo Legion 5 2021

2021-10-14, 18:10 PM

Hello @Cloudlimit ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Further isolation may help specially if you already tried customizing your power plan to full performance.

At times, router and service provider can be a factor so try testing you connection with a different provider usually those that have newer routers provided.

Try this with just one resources/ app open.

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

spidey101

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

108 Posts

03-16-2021

Sweden

117 Signins

1420 Page Views

• Views: 1420
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:RE: Ping Spikes and Network Problem (Wifi Adapter possibly) in Lenovo Legion 5 2021

2021-10-14, 21:31 PM

Is there any adjustment to recieve/transmit bufferts?

Have you disabled green internet, and powersaving options?

Is the n/ac/ax mode correct?

Have you tried to switch channels for the 2.4/5GHz mode if there is any disturbance.

You can also do a traceroute to see if there is any particular node that have long responsetimes

Lenovo Legion 5 Pro [3070] 82JQ0079MX Bios: GKCN40WW
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)