Did you mean: 
firman-
Paper Tape
Views: 111
Message 11 of 16

Re: RECOVERY PARTITION become UNALLOCATED

Hi guru,

i think its getting clear now..

for no.4, so then if all driver can be download and microsoft license can be detectd from motherboard or any h/w combination , should we still need oem partitionya then ?? How about efi partition ?

thank you,

firman

Guru
Views: 109
Message 12 of 16

No, you don't really need the recovery partition. It is there to ease the process of system reset, without it you can still recover Windows in case of an issue using a Windows USB.

As for Windows license, again, I recommend that you create a Microsoft account and log in to your system with it.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Justin76
Punch Card
Views: 99
Message 13 of 16

Your OEM partition, should be your OEM Windows 10 and you licence, you don't need to create and us a microsoft accont, but I too would reccomend to do so, there are things I like, like free online storage, extra security.

firman-
Paper Tape
Views: 85
Message 14 of 16

Hi justin and guru,

just got update from local lenovo support, they update me that my unallocated partition have been resolved. But surprisingly he said recovery partition have been fixed but they said the size is now 32 GB ..

what a ?!!'n from 19 Gb become 32 Gb !!

he said that he will explain to me when i arrived there. 

I hve no idea, how this could be happened ! 

I hv 2 unit y700 17 inch, the other one is still ok with :

1000 mb recovery partition

19.29 Gb recovery partition..

i raised this for my 2nd y700, since you said bring to local authorized lenovo support, then i follow your suggest. But this is unacceptable solution, the solve the issue but i lost more space for this recovery partition.

hopefully the official lenovo can say something on this forum..

i will update you About what lenovo local support said regarding the new size of 32 GB for my recovery partition (while previously it is only 19.29 GB...

any feedback pls wellcome..

my unit :

lenovl ideapad y700 17 inch 171SK with windows 10 home ed singe lamguge

Guru
Views: 79
Message 15 of 16

Well, I am just a volunteer trying to give suggestions to the best of my knowledge.

A 32GB recovery could mean that they created a new image which is bigger in size, not every windows image is the same size. If the solution is unacceptable, you can delete it again Smiley Happy

I am just trying to help.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
firman-
Paper Tape
Views: 71
Message 16 of 16

Hi guru,

what do you mean by not evey windows image have the same size ?

i hv 2 unit laptop with the same h/w spec and type. Both are win 10 home ed single language as it from factory .

Both have ever been reset to the factory, and the other one successfully with 19 GB for recovery partiion, while the other one is unallocated for this 19GB

From my best knowledge, both must have the sAme size for this win image, even when i assume the second one is the window 10 Home ed  image with very latest update windows,   i adoubt if microsoft creating upgrade that take add 50% space increment from its first image..it suicide ..

Any expert comment, pls welcome to give a brighter inside of fhis issue..

thank you

firmAn

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors