Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

10203 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26756 Signins

581325 Page Views

• Views: 581325
  • Message 1 of 206

RGB keyboard software for Lenovo Legion creator 7i

2021-03-22, 15:47 PM

Hi all,

I have just receive my new laptop, a Legion C7 15IMH05.

After installing windows i have download all the drivers avaible in the lenovo website for this laptop. but i have no found any software to make working the rgb keyboard. After few google, i have download and installed the corsair Icue sofware, but my keyboard is doesn't detected by that.

How can i do ?

And for more informations, how can i do sure to have the all package software for laptop.

Thanks

Admin Edit: Message posted by user "kontas" - edited for moderation purposes.

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Answer
Options

10203 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26756 Signins

581325 Page Views

• Views: 581325

Re:RGB keyboard software for Lenovo Legion creator 7i

2021-03-18, 18:21 PM

Hi all,

I have gotten a reply from our technicians regarding the issue. Unfortunately those, who seem to have confirmed that they have iCUE installed and working on their machines have been Legion 7 owners, in which case their machines come with the "Input Device - Keyboard - 6-row, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, numeric keypad, CORSAIR iCUE" keyboard. Legion Creator 7 has the following one "Input Device - Keyboard - 6-row, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, numeric keypad".

The keyboard is being labeled as "RGB LED Backlit", but its not made by Corsair and it doesn't support iCUE. The only functionality present on both types, the ones with and the ones without OS, is cycling through the modes with FN+Spacebar.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Replies(205)
Options

5 Posts

11-08-2020

Germany

15 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 2 of 206

2020-11-08, 0:40 AM

Same problem here: Legion C7 15IMH05 with iCUE installed and no devices detected. I already restarted a few times and de-/reinstalled iCUE 3.34.170 with no effect.

I would be very thankful for any suggestions.

Thanks in advance and best regards!

Options

100 Posts

11-07-2020

France

99 Signins

710 Page Views

• Views: 710
  • Message 3 of 206

2020-11-08, 8:55 AM

Did you have some settings for the keyboard in the Lenovo vantage software ? Not in ma case !

Options

5 Posts

11-08-2020

Germany

15 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 4 of 206

2020-11-08, 9:05 AM

No, in the Vantage software I updated all drivers but still no preferences to setup the lighting. The shortcuts wit Fn+Space do work. I can switch between reactive lighting, rainbow mode etc. 

Options

100 Posts

11-07-2020

France

99 Signins

710 Page Views

• Message 5 of 206

2020-11-08, 9:15 AM

Ok, we are in the same point !  have you receive your laptop with windows installed ?

Options

5 Posts

11-08-2020

Germany

15 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 6 of 206

2020-11-08, 10:21 AM

Yes I received it with Windows Pre-Installed but I did a clean new installation (I wanted no Bloatware). Unfortunately I did not check Icue before the clean installation.

Options

100 Posts

11-07-2020

France

99 Signins

710 Page Views

• Message 7 of 206

2020-11-08, 10:43 AM

Lol, i'm sure Levono will give us a solution

Options

100 Posts

11-07-2020

France

99 Signins

710 Page Views

• Message 8 of 206

Re:RGB keyboard software for Lenovo Legion creator 7i or 7i

2020-11-10, 21:01 PM

Hi,

There is no 7i user to tell us how the rgb keyboard software work ?

Thanks.

Options

5 Posts

11-08-2020

Germany

15 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 9 of 206

2020-11-12, 8:23 AM

Maybe the model is not that popular ^^

Options

5 Posts

11-13-2020

Belgium

5 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 10 of 206

2020-11-13, 17:15 PM

I'm pretty frustrated with Lenovo..

They're doing nothing to make their customers happy it seems.

In July I bought a laptop from a retailer in my country, ICUE worked perfectly but there was something wrong with the battery life so I sent it back and got my money back.

I saw that I could get the same model with the same specifications on Lenovo's site for cheaper, so I bought it directly from Lenovo. After waiting 2 months I get my laptop(Legion C7 15IMH05) but ICUE doesn't detect my laptop either.

But when I was trying to register my laptop it said that the serial number didn't work (even tho it did work for the warranty check). I contacted Lenovo via mail and I had to give them extra information because they couldn't find the serial number in their database, after giving them more information and waiting a couple of days for a response they said "We can't help you, sorry. You can call our support number.. etc". They didn't even try to help me with the issue I was having with the serial number!

I contacted Corsair and they basically told me that Lenovo has to fix it. But Corsair did try to help me, unfortunately it didn't help but I'm happy they tried!

Corsair also suggested that I should try to let the website detect my laptop with "Lenovo Bridge", it didn't detect my laptop so I tried putting in the serial number! Guess what, the site doesn't find my serial number..

I'm pretty dissapointed with Lenovo at the moment because this all is very frustrating, I'd like a laptop that works 100% because I also paid a good amount for it..

I'll copy paste the mail that Corsair sent me, it may help some of you.

We do get tickets from customers with Lenovo laptops and wanting to control their lighting. However, When we bring it up to our lead, the answer we receive is, although the lighting keyboard is our design, Lenovo does modify the keyboard to fit and operate on their system. Because of this, we can't support it because we don't know what kind of changes are done.

However, We do have an addon in iCUE for Lenovo which is actually created by Lenovo to have the keyboards work with iCUE. If you go into the iCUE folder, you should see a folder called addon. There should be a Lenovo folder in there. This Lenovo folder is created by them and given to us, so if your laptop is compatible, then it should read this folder and iCUE should pick up the laptop. I don't know if Lenovo requires anything else installed for this add-on to pick up the laptop. The only thing that can stop iCUE from seeing the Lenovo addon folder is if you have the Enable SDK disabled. You can find this feature in iCUE, Settings. You will see on the bottom an option that says Enable SDK, this should have a checkmark next to it in order for iCUE to read the Addon folder but it should be check marked by default.

The only thing I saw from Lenovo is this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM_EHD1KdBc

And someone mentioned to go into the Lenovo website and have the site detect your PC and then update the PC to the latest drivers.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms