Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-22-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 25
  • Message 201 of 206

Re:RGB keyboard software for Lenovo Legion creator 7i

2021-04-14, 9:30 AM

Based on lack of any updates here after few more weeks, I am concluding that:

- Lenovo refuses to solve this problem

- Those reading this post in the future should ignore the "Solved" Label. If this problem is a concern for you, do NOT buy this laptop.

- Lenovo moderation is at best pointless with no feedback or closure of the issue, at worst a willful distraction to break the tread with change of link etc.

- If you have this problem you have two options to deal with it: Try to get some refund, 10-100% depending on your luck and seller. Or hope for a third party programmer to solve it maybe one day, and at your own risk.

Options

100 Posts

11-07-2020

France

99 Signins

710 Page Views

• Views: 710
  • Message 202 of 206

2021-04-14, 20:30 PM

It's really sad to see that case stuck in lack of support. Maybe it's beaucoup this model is not a flagship.... i don't know.

Honnestly, the best move you can do now, it's claim a full refound of your laptop, and with that cash get a new one with best Specs for the same price.

Options

18 Posts

01-06-2021

France

51 Signins

590 Page Views

• Views: 590
  • Message 203 of 206

2021-05-05, 17:26 PM

Hi everyone !

I am sorry to say that I am giving up on this, I have made the same request as kontas and Digital River accepted to give me a full refund. My C7i has been returned last week.

Clearly here I want to thank Digital River, whether or not they made a mistake showing iCUE in the C7i description, they did some good commercial efforts and from my point of view, they are the ones caring about their customers.

This is also clear to me that Lenovo has not supported us on this, and I personally think in particular about @Juraj_Lenovo who started to ignore us after he just got a feedback about somebody that just read the spec and said "I see no iCUE here". It looks like nobody in Lenovo has ever thought : "Well, that looks easy to do, let's check if it is actually feasible and how long it would take". Then answering these technical and workload points, they could have decided to do it or not, but nobody ever considered this in Lenovo, which is a shame regarding customer satisfaction and care.

I am not even talking about doing it, but at least checking what it would take to do it and then whether do it or give some hints to let customers do it themselves.

If somebody wants to work on something like the OpenRGB solution for example, I don't know if it can help but when you install Corsair iCUE, from the installation folder if you go to "/plugins/Lenovo/" you will find the dll library (CUEPlugin.dll) that allows iCUE to control RGBs on the Legion 7i.

I tried some time ago to use a tool to look into this dll file and I found "Legion 7i" text. Also in the "Lenovo Legion Y750" subfolder, there are pictures of the keyboard confirming this library covers the Legion 7i one.

But I don't have enough knowledge to exploit this myself.

If you want to get some support from Lenovo, I think you need to create a new thread on this forum asking explicitely some support on how you (C7i customers) could do it yourselves or with the help of third parties like OpenRGB. Maybe you could get support asking it this way. This thread here is considered solved and nobody among Lenovo admins will start new support actions on it. If someone creates this request in a new thread, please indicate it in this thread to let everybody know.

https://openrgb.org/

https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/OpenRGB

I hope all of you will get at least the partial 10% refund, or even the total refund if you want to, which I could advice considering the new generation of laptops, but in this case note that there are supply issues for electronics and you may wait a long time before getting a new laptop. In my case I ordered a Legion 5 Pro that may arrive in August !

And if you keep it I hope that somebody finds a solution to control this **bleep** RGB keyboard !! :)

Anyway, I still think this C7i is a very good laptop, powerful and with a very nice design. But a full refund was a great opportunity to me !

I will keep following this subject for sure !

Options

10183 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26754 Signins

581065 Page Views

• Views: 581065
  • Message 204 of 206

2021-05-05, 18:27 PM

@ ClemFab wrote:

This is also clear to me that Lenovo has not supported us on this, and I personally think in particular about @Juraj_Lenovo who started to ignore us after he just got a feedback about somebody that just read the spec and said "I see no iCUE here". It looks like nobody in Lenovo has ever thought : "Well, that looks easy to do, let' check if it is actually feasible and how long it would take". Then answering these technical and workload points, they could have decided to do it or not, but nobody ever considered this in Lenovo, which is a shame regarding customer satisfaction and care.

I am not even talking about doing it, but at least checking what it would take to do it and then whether do it or give some hints to let customers do it themselves.

I wonder where you are getting all these assumptions from? I have not started to ignore you or anyone else, but I am not going to repeat myself over and over again. I'm sorry that you had different expectations, but I can assure you that if the model was designed to have iCUE it would be getting it after I have escalated it to our technicians. Me requesting such functionality will not suddenly change the hardware of the Legion C7 keyboard into the hardware of the iCUE capable keyboard of the Legion 7.

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

18 Posts

01-06-2021

France

51 Signins

590 Page Views

• Views: 590
  • Message 205 of 206

2021-05-05, 18:55 PM

Hello Juraj

I am getting these assumptions from the fact that despite the explicite questions I asked several times, we have never been said that the C7i is technically (or "hardwarelly") not able to perform per key RGB customisation.

Do you have a technician's feedback stating explicitely that the hardware does not allow per key RGB customization and that it is impossible to have a software achieving this feature on C7i ?

We get that it was not supposed to have this feature, but if the hardware can do it and only some software is missing, I think it would be normal that Lenovo technicians would at least give some help to let customers do it themselves.

Sorry if you feel like my comment is not fair about your action on this subject, but from my point of view, what you always said and repeated until now is just that the C7i was not designed in the specification to handle this feature and as it actually does not handle it, then it is aligned with the spec.

Options

10183 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26754 Signins

581065 Page Views

• Views: 581065
  • Message 206 of 206

2021-05-05, 20:02 PM

Yes, this has been confirmed by our technicians and yes, this has been answered in this thread, multiple times and, in one instance even directly addressed to you.

The Legion C7 keyboard doesn't have the iCUE capability and the Legion C7 and Legion 7 have different keyboard hardware, which is why they also have different part numbers. I'm not sure how I should phrase this for it to be finally clear.

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms