Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-22-2021

Sri Lanka

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

RTX 2060 is 50C + temperature when idle

2021-07-22, 6:13 AM

I have a Lenovo Legion 5-15IMH05H Laptop and it has an Intel i7 10750H CPU and RTX 2060 6GB Graphics Card. I bought it recently. I have monitored the RTX temperature past few days and I see even after the laptop starts it reaches 50-52C and even sometimes when I am working it goes like 55-60C. And it is even when Idle and normal working. I haven't tested and checked it when gaming. Since it's 50C+ in idle so I am very much frustrated about this because I saw many posts that saying when it's idle the temp is 30-40C. Anybody can tell me what's happening? Thank you.

Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

327 Signins

14351 Page Views

• Views: 14351
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:RTX 2060 is 50C + temperature when idle

2021-07-22, 8:58 AM

Hi HasithaJ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Having a RTX 2060 at 50c idle instead of in the 40c range idle can be the difference between 5 degrees in a room, or being located in a hotter place on earth. 50% would be considered in the normal range of idle temperatures in a laptop on a hot summers day. Temperatures also vary greatly depending on the surface you are keeping your laptop.

Surfaces like Plastic, Wood and Cloth tend to be heat capacitive and increases the heat as its being transferred to the device from the surface. 

Check Lenovo Vantage or the BIOS for fan control, or download programs like MSI Afterburner or SpeedFan etc. to control the fan speed to see if you increase the fan speed and by so doing, lower it by a few more degrees.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms