Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

05-15-2018

United States of America

22 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 1 of 2

Random "No Signal/No DP Input Detected" Y27g & Y720

2018-06-22, 3:50 AM

Hi all!

I have a Lenovo Y720 Laptop connected to the Y27g curved monitor through mini displayport (I have the display set up so that my full desktop is on the curved monitor while the laptop is closed.) Both of these were both purchased about 2 months ago new from Lenovo, so still under warranties.

While using my computer, the screen just went black. "No DP Input Detected" it tells me.

So  naturally, I turned the screen off and then on. Still no signal on external monitor.

Opened the lid of the laptop to close my applications and reboot. Retry the miniDP output, and still no signal.

Checked to see if my drivers were up to date and found that they were.

Searched online all day for an answer but nothing sufficed.

Plugged in an HDMI and switched the input on the monitor to match and YEA.... that works. But it is not the solution I need.

I put my computer to sleep, and after about an hour, return to try to get the miniDP to work. This time... it does!

COOL! No need to use that new Mini DisplayPort cable I ordered today to see if it's a faulty cable.

Boot up a game, and about 15 minutes in.... screen went black... No DP Input Detected.

GRRRRR

Has anyone had this issue with the DP input not breing detected? My computer still stays running like nothing is wrong. (I also have USB fans that are connected to the Y27g's USB and only turn off if there is no signal to the monitor. This makes it easy to tell for me when the monitor begins to receive a displayport or HDMI signal right away. Right now, they are off.)

Is there anyone than can steer me in the right direction?

Any help is much appreciated.

Options

4 Posts

05-15-2018

United States of America

22 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Random "No Signal/No DP Input Detected" Y27g & Y720

2018-06-22, 13:01 PM

I just woke up this morning, and it has happened twice already. First the DisplayPort is fine, and then.. boom! black screen. "No DP Input Detected" WHat the heck is going on? This has to be the wire? I don't know.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms