Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

21 Posts

03-14-2018

United States of America

19 Signins

182 Page Views

• Views: 182
  • Message 1 of 3

RealTek Audio Console won't start (cannot connect to RPC service)

2019-09-17, 21:12 PM

Installing all the latest drivers for my Legion Y740-17IRHg Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 81UJ (Windows 10 is all up to date too), I try to run the Realtek Audio Console, but it eventually says "can not connect to RPC service."

I know this laptop comes also with a "Dolby Atmos for Gaming" app that contains equalizer controls, but this is only for the laptop speakers and wired headphone jack themselves, not Bluetooth headsets. The Realtek audio console (that Lenovo lists with the download apps/drivers for this model) is supposed to offer equalizer controls (among other things) for Bluetooth headsets.

Anyone found a way to get this running? I've spent a lot of time following directions on other forums (uninstalling, deleting drivers, etc.) but nothing's yet worked for this machine.

Options

4494 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

673 Signins

29490 Page Views

• Views: 29490
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: RealTek Audio Console won't start (cannot connect to RPC service)

2019-09-25, 20:14 PM

Hi goodguy5000hd.

Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried installing the latest version of Realtek UAD? If you Google this error alot of third-party articles recommend installing Realtek UAD before installing the Realtek Audio Console.

Let us know if this helps out.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

21 Posts

03-14-2018

United States of America

19 Signins

182 Page Views

• Views: 182
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: RealTek Audio Console won't start (cannot connect to RPC service)

2019-09-25, 21:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. I did see those drivers but they all seem to point to suspicious "driver" sites, not anything Realtek.com or Lenovo.com---not desperate enough to take the risk.

Lenovo includes this RAC software, but not the "Realtek UAD" driver? Seems odd that it doesn't work "out of the box."
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms