Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RegularJohn53
Fanfold Paper
Views: 365
Message 1 of 11

Really bad performance on Y520

My Lenovo Legion Y520 started having really bad performance lately. Some games won't start, some say I don't have a dx10/11 card, Some say I don't meet the minimum requirements. Like I wanted play a Half-life mod and I was getting 1-2 FPS. All my drivers are up to date and I have my laptop plugged in. I don't know what  is happening to my laptop. I always use and external cooling pad. It's only a year old laptop

I have the GTX 1050 Ti 4gb

Intel Core i7 7700 2.8 GHz 

8 GB RAM

I don't know what to do. I was thinking about taking it to a mechanic

Guru
Views: 337
Message 2 of 11

Re: Really bad performance on Y520

It sounds like software issues. The last resort would be resetting the laptop - That will likely fix your issues.

Before that though, try this:

Right click the game icon, go to choose graphics processor, then choose your GTX 1050 Ti.

Download and install DX 10/11.
RegularJohn53
Fanfold Paper
Views: 318
Message 3 of 11

Tried both of them now, didn't heelp. I tried beamng and it says I don't have a dx10/11 compatible device. I've been playing this game without any problem for the last year and now it just doesn't work. 

RegularJohn53
Fanfold Paper
Views: 315
Message 4 of 11

If I restart the laptop the game starts, but as soon as I try to load a larger map freezes or crashes and if I try to restart the game the misssing dx10/11 deviced message comes up again. I fear that my VGU is dying. 

Guru
Views: 309
Message 5 of 11

If it works for a while then stops, it's likely a software issue. The hardware can withstand a lot and usually isn't the problem. You might have corrupted files or bad drivers of some sort. You can try changing out your drivers and reinstalling your games - But the solution most likely to work is a factory reset.
RegularJohn53
Fanfold Paper
Views: 257
Message 6 of 11

How do I do a factory reset?

BTW It worked for a couple days now, games were running fine. I wanted to play some Dayz today and the game starts up fine but in mid loading screen the screen goes black and the mouse cursor shows it loading but if I alt tab  it then it shows "not responding" and if I try to start anything after that nothing works properly. Restart helps but only for a while...

Guru
Views: 249
Message 7 of 11

Factory reset by going into start and typing in "reset", the options will show up. Preferably, do the reset WITHOUT the keeping personal files option.

If that doesn't solve it, it'll definitely be the hard drive then. Hope this helps!
RegularJohn53
Fanfold Paper
Views: 200
Message 8 of 11

I haven't done it yet but a couple minutes ago the whole system started lagging on Facebbok, wanted to do a Restart and I got a "driver power state failiure". I looked it up here and now I'm trying those fixes. Hope that fixes it. 

Guru
Views: 194
Message 9 of 11

This is likely just another subset issue resulting from a bigger issue. I'd still recommend resetting, but no harm in seeing if fixing this fixes everything. Good luck!
RegularJohn53
Fanfold Paper
Views: 160
Message 10 of 11

I did the reset about a week ago and it looks like it's working now. I got a no dx10/11 supported device message once but nothing ever since. Thank you very much! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors