Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miguel989
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,877
Message 21 of 73

Re: Reducing fans noise on Lenovo Legion laptops

I have the same concern as original post but with Y520. The fans run in excess of what is really necessary, and I often get spikes in rpm during light usage.

LelouchV
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,859
Message 22 of 73

Sounds pretty risky and not worth it - But whatever works for you.

WaYn3
What's DOS?
Views: 1,831
Message 23 of 73

I also do not see the point why the fans work (left much louder than the right one). I made undervolting in my laptop and I applied a new thermal paste and currently the fans do not work after starting! Temperatures are at 30-31 C, and they go down to 28 C when nothing is done (room temp ~22 C). However, just run the browser and the temperature rises temporarily to 36 C and the fans get a kick and they do not turn off anymore. I really do not see the point that the fans go when the processor has lower temperatures like 45 C...

Please, answer LENOVO!

JaRu
Punch Card
Views: 1,820
Message 24 of 73

Honestly what we need is a better, reworked Sense with more fan settings (T threshold...) and also the backlight settings are still not fixed to my knowledge. We need some kind of confirmation that Lenovo employes even know about this. 

Miguel989
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,791
Message 25 of 73

"Have you tried right clicking your battery indicator, going to power options, then Change Plan Settings, and Change advanced Power Settings, Then going to Processor Power Management, then turning the system cooling policy to passive?"

I tried that and it made no difference.

h3r3t1k
Paper Tape
Views: 1,428
Message 26 of 73

I just purchased a new Y520 and the noise when idling is too much for working. I'm very disappointed. I paid 900 bucks for this machine und upgraded it with 300 bucks worth of SSD. Now I can't even do office work on it without headphones?

isoshape
Paper Tape
Views: 1,376
Message 27 of 73

I totally agree. I cant stand the noise this laptop produces even though the CPU is 4-8% loaded. I sent it in for repairment because I thought this was some kind of defect, but it just got returned without anything done to it. 

Lenovo you need to fix this! 

h3r3t1k
Paper Tape
Views: 1,371
Message 28 of 73

Well after checking here and realizing that this noise is normal I returned it the next day and ordered one from a different manufacturer with the same specs. 50 bucks more but if it stays silent on the desktop that's totally worth it.

Miguel989
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,357
Message 29 of 73

It's too late for me now, but out of curiosity which one did you get?

h3r3t1k
Paper Tape
Views: 1,304
Message 30 of 73

It's in German but you should be able to tell what's inside ;-) German brand. They specialize in gaming and high performance laptops. Same specs as the Legion I got and 50 bucks more but hell if the build qualitity is right I gladly pay 50 bucks more Smiley Tongue

https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/schenker+xmg+a507+nbb+zxd+gaming+notebook/incrpc/lastseen?nbb=pn.co...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors