06-04-2020

US

13 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 1 of 2

Regarding the CPU temperature of Lenovo Legion Y740 Gaming Laptop

2020-06-29, 13:19 PM

Hello everyone. I have bought a brand-new Lenovo Legion Y740-17IRHg Gaming Laptop with GPU of Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 and CPU of Intel Core i7-9750H. When I have the intense gaming sessions with this laptop, such as playing COD Warzone on ultra settings, my CPU heats up to 95 °C and it seems excessively hot and not normal to me even though I've seen some examples of this and some people say that this situation is normal with gaming laptops. I really wonder whether it's normal or not, and if not; what are the possible and optimal solutions for this issue? Thanks in advance.

Options

274 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

47 Signins

1875 Page Views

• Views: 1875
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Regarding the CPU temperature of Lenovo Legion Y740 Gaming Laptop

2020-06-30, 14:27 PM

Hi there Frommemphis.

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The most optimal solutions are to have the fans running constantly and fast. Which some people can find noisy. 
Get a program that can adjust fan speed based on temperature. Lenovo Vantage should have this feature in gaming devices.

Intelligent Cooling and the option to adjust it.  You can also try to balance the power output a bit in power options and in the Nvidia control panel/AMD control panel, instead of having it run high performance, this will of course come at the benefit of some performance when gaming.

Apart from that, it would be to apply new thermal paste to the CPU and see if that can alleviate some of the issue.

Having that said, it is fairly normal for tight electrical packages like laptops to get very warm. They don't have the room or optimal airflow like desktop computers do.

Hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Voithos 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

I do not respond to private messages.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete