Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

09-30-2019

Norway

36 Signins

312 Page Views

• Views: 312
  • Message 1 of 2

Review of The Legion Y740 RGB light System

2020-02-03, 12:03 PM

It's half bad, this is a rant, and here's why:

In this laptop there are two systems working at the same time, but not together. One inside Windows OS as software (Corsair iCue), the other outside Windows OS, at hadware level, the keyboard itself, that you can't control, and with a controller made by Integrated Technology Express (ITE Tech. Inc.). Every time you power up the laptop, the keyboard is always at maximum brightness, even if previously you had it set to minimum brightness. The exact same goes for the display. It's a 500 nits display always starting up at full power. The brightness levels should always be respected and maintained thru power cicles. It's an user decision and preference. Upon power up, and until iCue starts, the keyboard is always blue, at full brightness, without any other color choice available. If you don't have iCue installed, the keyboard will remain in that state. Now, after an update, it got worse. Now, it has a "nobody asked for it spinning rainbow spiral", and you guessed it, at full brightness. This ridiculous and forced RGB light show happens when booting, shutting down, going in and out of sleep, and even you lock your PC. Why oh why can't i decide how MY laptop behaves. The VOID visualizer does not work inside iCue. If you want something similar, you have to quit iCue and use the keyboard built in rather poor effects, wich you can't control neither behavior or color. None of the audio related visual effects work at all if you're using Bluetooth audio. Most probably, Lenovo, Corsair and ITE never had a meeting to talk about how their products would correctly and seamlessly work as one. Can't Lenovo and the others see how badly implemented their solution is? Why does Lenovo issue a keyboard update that doesn't save the brightness level or the RGB mode for those who don't want to see the spiral thing? Where's the sense of aesthetics and cohesive functionality? It's astounding how a product passes through so many hands and eyes and no one has the common sense of realizing that details like this can totally make or break the experience of using a product.

Options

4479 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

672 Signins

29435 Page Views

• Views: 29435
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Review of The Legion Y740 RGB light System

2020-02-03, 14:07 PM

Hi TheLastLegion,

Thanks for posting your feedback about the product.

I'm sure other members will find this useful.

You can also post your feedback in the support site (using the feedback option lower right)

Hope this helps,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms