Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zax
Punch Card
Views: 160
Message 1 of 10

Romania Service for Legion

Hello, i want to know if i change the thermal paste by myself , would i void my warranty? there is no info on the back of my laptop if it does.

I live in Romania and the service here is not lenovo , it's called Depanero , a **bleep** service i do not trust , "they repair anything". To be honest i prefer to void the warranty than let this idiots open the laptop.

17" y740 Legion 17iRHG 9750h,2060 rtx, 16gbramaxel,gsync144hz.

Lenovo Employee yordanovaro
Lenovo Employee
Views: 145
Message 2 of 10

Re: Romania Service for Legion

Hello,

Better to avoid doing so. If the unathorized intervention is root cause of an issue that may happen on the notebook the warranty of the unit may be rejected.

Better contact Depanero in case you need service support.

BR.

zax
Punch Card
Views: 136
Message 3 of 10

the thing is i don't like them to keep it for 24h , where do i know they changed thermal paste? and change the one i want , i am ok of paying for the best grease i can get on the market , etc . where do i know they use the same thermal paste? and apply it correctly? as i said , i do no trust them , if i can contact any other service in other country i'd gladly do it . so the 800 days of warranty apply worldwide , right>\?

zax
Punch Card
Views: 133
Message 4 of 10

and tbh , i love the laptop and support for anything else , but Lenovo chose very wrong with this service support. there are 2 options here , becuase of bad temps , either i sell it (1 month old) and i ll grab something else , either i let it burn cause that was intended by Lenovo (latest bios fan speed, overall bad temp) and send it in service.
Lenovo Employee
Views: 132
Message 5 of 10

Hi,

You can contact Altex service to request support. Mind that this is not considered as IW service so you might be offered with price quotation for OOW support.

BR,
zax
Punch Card
Views: 131
Message 6 of 10

that i'll try , thx alot.
zax
Punch Card
Views: 96
Message 7 of 10

Both depanero and altex want the product in service, they cannot change the thermal in front of me or add the grease before my eyes . So i decided to f the warranty and open it myself. If it blows in near future i ll never buy a lenovo product ever again. Sorry guys, for a 2.500$ product you have the worst contract services in romania. Trust me, i’d realy prefer to spend a fortune and send it to a lenovo service center than to let these ****tards open it. 

Lenovo Employee
Views: 86
Message 8 of 10

Hi,

Please be aware that the request to send the unit in service is part of Lenovo process that applies for every service provider.

If you check the hardware maintenance documents you will see that there are certain safety conditions that need to be met before opening the machine ( like for example ESD protection, specific tool usage and etc).

Please note that all this is needed in order to guarantee the safety of you and your machine.

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/legiony530-15ich_y530-15ich-1060_y7000p_y7000p-1060...

BR.

zax
Punch Card
Views: 79
Message 9 of 10

Hi, i know, got the philips screw, antistatic bracelet, it’s ok . Hope it will be just a bad thermal paste, if it’s a heatsink problem, then i ll send it to the shop i bought, and pay from pocket.. . 

Dan_Petrescu
Token Ring
Views: 78
Message 10 of 10

@yordanovaro wrote:

Hi,

Please be aware that the request to send the unit in service is part of Lenovo process that applies for every service provider.

If you check the hardware maintenance documents you will see that there are certain safety conditions that need to be met before opening the machine ( like for example ESD protection, specific tool usage and etc).

Please note that all this is needed in order to guarantee the safety of you and your machine.

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/legiony530-15ich_y530-15ich-1060_y7000p_y7000p-1060...

BR.

He is right, Depanero is just so bad. I did the same with my laptop(Legion Y530), opened it myself and changed the thermal paste and wifi card, because the one from Realtek was a crap and you, Lenovo, weren't able to provide a driver update to fix it. People were complaining here on the forums about it and finally you released a fix after almost a year. Didn't test it, because I was already using another wifi card from Intel which I ordered from China and  is way better than realtek.

You need to learn from the others (Dell,HP,Acer,MSI,Apple) what customer care really means, be more active here on the forums and answer to people's questions, and of course, try to contract another 3rd party service here, in Romania, because Depanero is really,really bad. Respect your customers and try to help them everytime they ask for something or they complain about something. 

Cheers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors