cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucy25
What's DOS?
Views: 105
Message 1 of 2

SOS!! y720 Touchpad not working. Cannot even find the touchpad in the device management

I use mouse usually so didn't realize this problem until I take the laptop out for work today.

I have uninstalled and installed the latest touchpad driver, but it did not work. I cannot even see the touchpad device in the "device manager" or a touchpad option in "setting"

Below are two screenshots.

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (7).png

Any idea what's going on and how I should solve this problem?

Many thanks!!!!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 78
Message 2 of 2

Re: SOS!! y720 Touchpad not working. Cannot even find the touchpad in the device management

Hi Lucy25!

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums!

The issue with the touchpad can either be a software or hardware related. Let us get to the Advanced options and see if the touchpad will work outside the Windows environment that may help us identify where the issue lies. Please the Shift key + Restart. After your laptop restarts to the Choose an option screen, test if the touchpad is working. Let us know what you'll find out.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors