Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-16-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 4

Screen Artifact Issue - Legion 7i 10750h/2070SMQ

2020-11-16, 12:41 PM

Hello,

This is my first time posting so I apologize if this is the incorrect place. I've recently noticed an intermittent issue that I've only ever had on my legion 7i. This issue is something I haven't been able to find much about, but essentially in a few applications (notably Lenovo vantage and some browsers except for google chrome) a weird "dizzy mode" (black and white lines in odd patterns, but not obstructing the screen) appears to occur. I'm attaching an image to hopefully help clear up the exact meaning of this.

In order to remedy this issue, I've tried updating all drivers, updating windows, and I've even done a clean install at one point. The only other issue that I'm having is a slight pop in the bottom right-hand corner of my display. I've already created a ticket for this, but I wanted to add it as I'm unsure if it's related to the above problem (though I don't think it is).

I hope it's acceptable to post here for this, as I wanted to ask specifically for the odd behavior in the vantage app (and a few other apps occasionally) if it's a common issue and, if so, if there's a solution that I should utilize to alleviate it? Thank you in advance, everyone.

Options

1 Posts

12-10-2020

United Arab Emirates

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 4

2020-12-10, 9:07 AM
Hey , I have been having the same issue . Have you found a fix for this.
Options

2 Posts

11-16-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Screen Artifact Issue - Legion 7i 10750h/2070SMQ

2020-12-10, 14:01 PM

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one! I did look further into the issue and tinker with it, even checking with family members to see if they're experiencing similar issues. After that, it appeared to be mostly isolated to the Legion. Despite this, I did find a possible fix.

After messing around with the drivers, specifically the GeForce Experience ones, I found a way to stop the artifacts. I first tried reinstalling (even cleanly) the gaming driver. Unfortunately, the artifacts persisted. Eventually, when I was exhausted, I installed the studio instead. With some luck, it appears that the studio drivers in GeForce Experience remove the artifacts.

Sadly, it appears the gaming driver still does not work. I've tried re-installing it every couple of days with the same issue. Perhaps it's an issue on Nvidia's end, or it is something specifically with the new legion.

As for the hinge issue, nope. I've had a ticket with customer support. It's been a busy time, but, unfortunately, I've had to e-mail over 3 times and wait nearly a month for support. I'd definitely recommend getting support requests in early if you encounter issues and are under warranty as it appears to be a somewhat lengthy turnaround. I certainly respect all the issues this year, but it is tough to get some communication back beyond initial tickets.

I hope this helps out in terms of fixing the artifacts for you as well!

Options

1 Posts

07-22-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 15
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-07-22, 10:07 AM
the screen separating like that is caused by the laptop overheating!! this laptop is not fit for purpose, the heat rising from the centre control cover caused by insufficient cooling is the direct cause of the screen to warp, and seperate at the seams, causing the screen to pop as parts of the screen that shouldnt be moving are now coliding and moving in a way its has not been designed to, as has mine.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms