Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

32 Posts

10-28-2020

Italy

18 Signins

230 Page Views

• Views: 230
  • Message 1 of 2

Screen Response + Over Drive + Network Boost + Reduce latency and improve performance + Legion 5 i

2020-11-17, 11:06 AM

Hi,

i have a Lenovo Legion 5i and i want to share with you that i have these problems so maybe it can help someone and maybe Lenovo Software Guys can solve the Over Drive thing.

ps. I have used 2 software to control my laptop, HWinfo64 and MSI Afterburner + RivaTuner.

1. The screen response of my laptop on paper should be a 5ms but in games ( BFV and Overwatch) the screen response is 6.9ms costant. I checked this stat with RivaTuner in game.

If i turn the Over Drive On from Lenovo Vantage nothing change, CPU and GPU usage doesn't change and if I turn on Over Drive + restart the laptop + go in game = nothing change, i have always the 6.9ms response.

So i can say that the Over Drive button in Lenovo Vantage is a fake button?!?!?!?

2. Network Boost of Lenovo Vantage causes a lot of problems at games like BFV, in fact the game crashed suddenly without errors and after some tests I found out that the problem was this Network Boost. When I turned off this button i haven't had problems with BFV. By the way i don't really know if it really works, because i don't see ping/latency improvements in game.

3. Reduce latency and improve performance by Windows 10. Well you can enable this feature from the advanced display settings of Win10 and i suggest to you to set this on OFF!!!

First of all the screen response doesn't change and second you will have Perfomance Mode ON all the time on your Legion (it looks like this feature override the Lenovo Thermal Mode Quiet, Auto and Performance, you see the led white, blue or red but the laptop works on full speed and power) and it can lead during game sessions at an high level of CPU Temp, i don't know why and i don't want to know.

I have checked this with HWinfo64.

An appeal to lenovo employees, please guys fix and make it work the Over Drive button because on reddit i read another guy had the same problem, that is, it doesn't work.

Options

1 Posts

04-08-2021

Philippines

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Screen Response + Over Drive + Network Boost + Reduce latency and improve performance + Legion 5 i

2021-04-08, 2:27 AM

I can confirm overdrive works on my system with how it causes overshooting. Anyway, I think you may be looking at frametimes for your 6.9ms, which is not your display's screen response time. I don't believe RTSS or HWinfo could measure any of that; you would need a really nice camera to pull out some numbers for your display's response time.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms