Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MKI-Miro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,332
Message 1 of 5

Second hard drive y720

Hi

Can i add second hard drive to my Y720 LEgion ?

Here is motherboard screesnhot:

LegionY720.jpg

Thanks

Guru
Views: 3,288
Message 2 of 5

Re: Second hard drive y720

So here's the problem, it doesnt look like There is a HDD cable and the bracket.

Click on Support and search for your laptop model. Then go to Documentation and open the Hardware maintenance manual. You will find a list if Miscellaneous parts towards the end of the manual.

The bracket as reported is OUT OF STOCK, some people have created DIY brackets. You will still need the cable for connection.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
MKI-Miro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,274
Message 3 of 5

different model of Y720 has 2 hardrives (second one is hdd), so i thought that if i will buy model with 1 hardrive i will be able to connect second one (ssd)....

Guru
Views: 3,270
Message 4 of 5

Yeah, this is the issue at the moment.

If you are in US and within 30 days, you can talk to support and maybe order a model with a HDD (if you want) and "replace" this one.

I really cannot say why Lenovo has not included those things in just SSD models.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
JankoTuta
Paper Tape
Views: 2,514
Message 5 of 5

Hey i know im late to the post wagon, but you can actually buy them off ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-New-Lenovo-Legion-Y720-HDD-Hard-Drive-Disk-Caddy-Tray-Bracket-Cable-...

i did see a different shop that was selling them but i cant find it atm.

trust me i've been there, done that and i wish lenovo would actually care about their customers, i mean it's not like y720 is cheap or sth. it is a higher end product so they should offer parts like this from official stores. I mean ebay is a little risky plus it's not an official store!!!

So please lenovo do something about that!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors