Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

10-01-2020

Indonesia

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 6

Services

2020-10-01, 4:54 AM

So 2 days ago i have experiencing a screen issue. I was playing Dota at the moment, then the screen become white and have a lot of lines. I cant see anything from there until now. I have contact the service team but, they didnt come yet. Does Anyone have solution for my problem? (My model is Legion 5i)

IMG-20200929-WA0016.jpeg
Answer
Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

331 Signins

14366 Page Views

• Views: 14366

Re:Services

2020-10-01, 8:59 AM

@ Charlie.p wrote:

So 2 days ago i have experiencing a screen issue. I was playing Dota at the moment, then the screen become white and have a lot of lines. I cant see anything from there until now. I have contact the service team but, they didnt come yet. Does Anyone have solution for my problem? (My model is Legion 5i)

Hi Charlie.p

You could try a Static Discharge

- Remove all cables attached to the device (power, hdmi, external mouse/keyboard, etc)

- Ensure device is switched OFF

- Hold down power button for 40 seconds

- Re-attach all cables

- Connect the AC adapter, then let the device charge for 2 minutes before starting it back up.

Doubtful it will work, but it's done wonders before. However, that does look like a damaged/faulty LCD screen to me. Not much to do until service team arrives I am afraid.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Replies(5)
Answer
Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

331 Signins

14366 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

2020-10-01, 8:59 AM

@ Charlie.p wrote:

Hi Charlie.p

You could try a Static Discharge

- Remove all cables attached to the device (power, hdmi, external mouse/keyboard, etc)

- Ensure device is switched OFF

- Hold down power button for 40 seconds

- Re-attach all cables

- Connect the AC adapter, then let the device charge for 2 minutes before starting it back up.

Doubtful it will work, but it's done wonders before. However, that does look like a damaged/faulty LCD screen to me. Not much to do until service team arrives I am afraid.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

7 Posts

10-01-2020

Indonesia

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2020-10-01, 9:40 AM

I was never dropped this laptop or hitting something to the screen, its still brandnew (i bought it on 12nd Sept) its kinda sus, after i upgrading the graphics driver on Geforce Ready, 1hrs later this happen. So is it the graphic driver or maybe the screen itself?

Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

331 Signins

14366 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2020-10-01, 9:43 AM

@ Charlie.p wrote:

I was never dropped this laptop or hitting something to the screen, its still brandnew (i bought it on 12nd Sept) its kinda sus, after i upgrading the graphics driver on Geforce Ready, 1hrs later this happen. So is it the graphic driver or maybe the screen itself?

Well in that case, you might want to try and completely uninstall the display adapters with drivers associated with them:

Uninstall VGA with drivers and reinstall:

- Press the Windows key + X and select "Device Manager"

- Expand "Display Adapters"

- Right click the AMD, NVIDIA and/or INTEL VGA devices and select "Uninstall"

- If prompted to uninstall drivers associated with the device, tick the box and continue.

- Perform a restart of the laptop to let Windows install the generic drivers for the device.

- Update to the latest OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) drivers from the Support Page for your device. 

If this doesn't work, then it could still be a manufacturing fault, or have been damaged in transit etc. It does look suspiciously like a hardware fault

Regards

Voithos

Options

7 Posts

10-01-2020

Indonesia

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2020-10-01, 10:15 AM

Im already uninstall every driver that has connections with the GPU, im also already reset the windows. Nothing changed still on the same condition. I dont know what to do next�

Options

71 Posts

08-31-2020

United States of America

35 Signins

420 Page Views

• Views: 420
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-10-10, 1:22 AM

Why is this thread marked as solved?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms